The Mancini appointment over 2 years on...

Must admit I felt sorry for Hughes at the time he got sacked but not now, Mancini is a legend and Hughes as bitter as f..k, slags us of in papers etc.
Santa Cruz??? What was he thinking about??????

I said this at the time, people pointed to our track record of not winning anything in 30 plus years and said it was because we kept firing managers. The thing is since Book(the last one to win anything)and Mancini NONE of the managers we fired won ANYTHING after being fired. Indeed I'm not sure what the odds of that happening are, but our firing record was nothing short of amazing! Not that that is great, because that shows we hired some really crap managers!!!!

DontLookBackInAnger said:
I said this at the time, people pointed to our track record of not winning anything in 30 plus years and said it was because we kept firing managers. The thing is since Book(the last one to win anything)and Mancini NONE of the managers we fired won ANYTHING after being fired. Indeed I'm not sure what the odds of that happening are, but our firing record was nothing short of amazing! Not that that is great, because that shows we hired some really crap managers!!!!

Actually..ADUG have hired one manager, Mancini that is. I´m not sure if we should count Hughes as they never where involved in getting him the job.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I've supported Mancini since day one. Couldn't stand Hughes. The man is a gentleman and a winner. We should be looking to keep him for as long as he wants to be in sunny Manc!

the biggest mistake was not getting mancini in for hughes sooner and letting that clown loose with multi-millions (although some of his signings worked out fine).

122.gif

ron saunders did ok at villa

hgblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
With regards to Hughes, I would argue he should have gone earlier. WE basically lost a season in the year he was replaced, a season we missed out on our goals and gained players like Santa Cruz who became deadwood. He should have gone six months earlier.

I agree. Maybe the 'higher ups' were a bit worried about how his sacking would go down amongst a already hostile media? Or, they had a replacement in mind who wasn't available at the time? Either way, I bet they've learnt their lesson from that episode....

It was so badly timed, too. They could've told Hughes he was sacked for not qualifying for Europe after his first season and bought someone else in over the summer to go for that top 4 spot. Mancini then missed that target and we had to try and attract new players despite not being able to offer Champions League.

Mick McCarthy went at Wolves recently but they weren't unveiling their new Manager within 2 hours. City's behaviour was absoutely classless and words can't express how delighted I was to see Garry Cook humiliate himself with that disgusting e-mail to Dr Onouha. It wouldn't surprise me if he only fired Hughes to curry favour with those who he upset at Uwe Rosler's big night! Absolute scrote.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.