The Mario Balotelli "hype"

neel said:
Scored yesterday

He's always going to get the occassional goal that will convince managers to persevere with him for a bit longer. Its his inability to do it consistently that's the problem.

Wonderful! He is their hero! It could fire up Liverpool's season! All that earlier dull crap was just an illusion! Anfield reborn!

Imagine if we struggled to a skanky win that like that we'd be crucified in the media.

Big Swifty said:
Wonderful! He is their hero! It could fire up Liverpool's season! All that earlier dull crap was just an illusion! Anfield reborn!

Imagine if we struggled to a skanky win with a very dubious sending off and a 95th minute mistake by the keeper like that we'd be crucified in the media.

Edited for accuracy.

(for the record, I do think Mario is being made the scapegoat. There are 11 players on that pitch, qo of whom never get criticised)

Had he been here now the press would be talking about his failures, not The Boss and the rest of his players!

My original posts were not meant to wind up anyone. I just wanted to say - as others have - that he's a convenient scapegoat. Meanwhile, off the pitch, his behaviour seems to be better. No fireworks anyway.

Re: The Mario Balotelli

TGR said:
moomba said:
TGR said:
Regardless of what club he goes to he is a negative drain on them, the team, the players and the fans.

Yet he's a four time league title, multiple domestic cup and champions league winner as well as a European Championship runner up. Like most things with Mario, I suspect "the negative drain" he has on his teams is greatly excaggerated.

So why do decent teams keep off loading him like an unexploded bomb?
Why are they openly gleeful when they get £16m for him?
He is a myth. Nothing more.

10m next time somebody is foolish enough to take a punt. (sp)

B1XYTWSIMAA2GDi_zpscc07c46c.jpg

Still not a good performance, but was probably Liverpool's best player today, which I guess says more about how the the other players played.

He got absolutely wiped out by a blatant no attempt at the ball hack today. Barcode gets a booking. Pretty sure if Balotelli had committed that foul he would have been off and hammered by the media

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.