The Mario Balotelli "hype"

I'm no cynic said:
ClaudioDeyna said:
'The problem is Mario is rank average....'

Well, that's certainly true of the vast majority of ex-players lining up to criticise him. The argument of Steptoe on R5Live the other night was and I quote 'he doesn't run around enough'. Yeah, like that Berbatov who cost way more than Mario did. He was always running around. If running around made you great Robbie Savage would be Pele.

Meanwhile, Mario got up off the floor against an incandescent dog-owner's Spurs side to tuck away the pen in the 3-2 in the run-in.
A game where he should not have even been on the pitch at that time.

If he hadn't been on the pitch against QPR we would not have won. Enough said.

fredmont said:
I'm no cynic said:
ClaudioDeyna said:

Well, that's certainly true of the vast majority of ex-players lining up to criticise him. The argument of Steptoe on R5Live the other night was and I quote 'he doesn't run around enough'. Yeah, like that Berbatov who cost way more than Mario did. He was always running around. If running around made you great Robbie Savage would be Pele.

Meanwhile, Mario got up off the floor against an incandescent dog-owner's Spurs side to tuck away the pen in the 3-2 in the run-in.

Back to that Spurs game which the above poster refers to, we should have been down to 10 men, and he knows who should have been the one sent off. The poster knows it and is on a wind up mission.

fredmont said:
I'm no cynic said:
ClaudioDeyna said:

Know that for a fact, do you? You could say the same about AK's late free kick against the Mackems. Or Wigan's win against the sewer rats. Or Everton's comeback against them at the swamp. Or Vinnie's winner against them. Or those three late goals in the 6-1, causing a six goal swing (what did we win the league again by? GD of 6 more than the vermin). You see what I'm getting at; to say any single player/incident won us the league is nonsense. Balotelli played a part in it, nothing more. He certainly didn't win us the league; to suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

jz9kqp.jpg

Mario's last game was as a substitute against Watford in the FA Cup when we won 4:0.
Though we were winning 2:0 when he came on, it was a tough match and I think the score flattered us at 2:0.
Watford were certainly a match for us until then but following his introduction their defence shat themselves and he was instrumental in the next 2 goals.
I know it was Watford but I think in the right team & introduced at the right time, could do a cracking job!
Just saying.

jimharri said:
fredmont said:
I'm no cynic said:

Know that for a fact, do you? You could say the same about AK's late free kick against the Mackems. Or Wigan's win against the sewer rats. Or Everton's comeback against them at the swamp. Or Vinnie's winner against them. Or those three late goals in the 6-1, causing a six goal swing (what did we win the league again by? GD of 6 more than the vermin). You see what I'm getting at; to say any single player/incident won us the league is nonsense. Balotelli played a part in it, nothing more. He certainly didn't win us the league; to suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

I know exactly what you are getting at and getting back to my original point, he played a big part in our biggest games and we should be grateful for it.

Hoghead said:
Mario's last game was as a substitute against Watford in the FA Cup when we won 4:0.
Though we were winning 2:0 when he came on, it was a tough match and I think the score flattered us at 2:0.
Watford were certainly a match for us until then but following his introduction their defence shat themselves and he was instrumental in the next 2 goals.
I know it was Watford but I think in the right team & introduced at the right time, could do a cracking job!
Just saying.

We won that game 3-0, and it wasn't his last game, he made a cameo against Arsenal when we won 2-0.

Just saying.

I'm not quite understanding the scope of some posters on here regarding the last few pages. The guy was a liability majority of the time, there are more reasons for his sale that benefited our club than him staying, hence his departure. Some posters are confusing gratitude with footballing talent here, if we are on that page then we should be looking to bring in the Dickovs of our last decade again.

No one disputes the role he played in our success, but his part was often few and far between. Like I said, we are grateful but we are onto to bigger and better things, and as for Balotelli well...

BlueTG said:
I'm not quite understanding the scope of some posters on here regarding the last few pages. The guy was a liability majority of the time, there are more reasons for his sale that benefited our club than him staying, hence his departure. Some posters are confusing gratitude with footballing talent here, if we are on that page then we should be looking to bring in the Dickovs of our last decade again.

No one disputes the role he played in our success, but his part was often few and far between. Like I said, we are grateful but we are onto to bigger and better things, and as for Balotelli well...

Sense written at last

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.