The Mario Balotelli "hype"

jimmygrimblesboots said:
Ridiculous the way talkshite are treating mario , every single interview they do, they ask an opinion about mario , they have really got the knives out. No doubt many will disagree on here , but if mario was available in january on loan , i would snap him up.
If he came back silva,nasri,yaya,milner etc would create plenty of chances , but at dipperpool he is being fed scraps , (i dont think he had a decent pass in his 45 minutes against madrid) and his style of play is not suitable for a high pressing game ,which just proves the manager of the year hasnt got a clue.
Mario has wasted the last couple of years of his career , i would hope the penny will drop and he would realise , if he came back to us , hes in the last chance saloon.

BRING BACK MARIO

Pay his salary from your pocket then :)

no way city will bring him back even tought he was usual for the media buzz

fredmont said:
I'm no cynic said:
ClaudioDeyna said:
'The problem is Mario is rank average....'

Well, that's certainly true of the vast majority of ex-players lining up to criticise him. The argument of Steptoe on R5Live the other night was and I quote 'he doesn't run around enough'. Yeah, like that Berbatov who cost way more than Mario did. He was always running around. If running around made you great Robbie Savage would be Pele.

Meanwhile, Mario got up off the floor against an incandescent dog-owner's Spurs side to tuck away the pen in the 3-2 in the run-in.
A game where he should not have even been on the pitch at that time.

If he hadn't been on the pitch against QPR we would not have won. Enough said.

if he didn't mess up during the previous games when he was starting the title could have been wraped before the final day
Tevez in other hand no matter what you think about on the pitch; he gives everything

So seriously what a player like balotelli on 100 k£ week add to any side ? just ask yourself there are many strikers at 30kw who could do the similar job or even better

Gaylord du Bois said:
TGR said:
Balotelli is a complete and total waster.
Always has been and always wii be.
The further away he is from the Etihad the better.
My you spook easily.

Nope. Just don't rate the guy and never have.
I took some shit on here for slagging him off when he was with us but ulitmately the penny dropped with most City fans.
'Hype' is exactly what Mario is about but in a negative way.
Regardless of what club he goes to he is a negative drain on them, the team, the players and the fans.
A 100% waster. He always has been and he always will be.

Re: The Mario Balotelli "hype"

TGR said:
Regardless of what club he goes to he is a negative drain on them, the team, the players and the fans.

Yet he's a four time league title, multiple domestic cup and champions league winner as well as a European Championship runner up. Like most things with Mario, I suspect "the negative drain" he has on his teams is greatly excaggerated.

quiet_riot said:
Hoghead said:
Mario's last game was as a substitute against Watford in the FA Cup when we won 4:0.
Though we were winning 2:0 when he came on, it was a tough match and I think the score flattered us at 2:0.
Watford were certainly a match for us until then but following his introduction their defence shat themselves and he was instrumental in the next 2 goals.
I know it was Watford but I think in the right team & introduced at the right time, could do a cracking job!
Just saying.

We won that game 3-0, and it wasn't his last game, he made a cameo against Arsenal when we won 2-0.

Just saying.

I stand corrected, Sir.

Re: The Mario Balotelli

moomba said:
TGR said:

Yet he's a four time league title, multiple domestic cup and champions league winner as well as a European Championship runner up. Like most things with Mario, I suspect "the negative drain" he has on his teams is greatly excaggerated.

So why do decent teams keep off loading him like an unexploded bomb?
Why are they openly gleeful when they get £16m for him?
He is a myth. Nothing more.

Re: The Mario Balotelli "hype"

TGR said:
moomba said:
TGR said:

He is what he is. Lots claiming he's better than what he is, and lots claiming he is worse than what he is. Has some medals sitting on his shelf for a player that is nothing more than a negative drain on team, players and fans.

Re: The Mario Balotelli

moomba said:
TGR said:
moomba said:

He is what he is. Lots claiming he's better than what he is, and lots claiming he is worse than what he is. Has some medals sitting on his shelf for a player that is nothing more than a negative drain on team, players and fans.
And an impressive display of trophy gathering managers who wish nothing more to do with him. He has been lucky enough to mix in with quality players, and be carried by them, at each of his clubs up until now, but once that quality evaporates, then his own career will evaporate even faster.

Anyone else think Brenda is using Balotelli as a smokescreen to cover up his own inadequacies?

He didn't learn what happened to Spurs after they sold Bale for a huge fee, and he did exactly the same after selling Suarez. Bought too many moderate players instead of buying 2 or 3 good players to reinforce problem positions (right back anyone?), then tried to fit too many new players in all at once, which broke up the rhythm the side displayed last season.

So he makes a few comments, so the fans' blame is focussed on Balotelli rather than the team that he puts out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.