The Meaning of Life....

Good effort, elanjo, awwwww ,that is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me in my whole, entire life , l'm getting all emotional, is that my 15-ish mins of fame out of the way now then. ;¬)

The scary thing is, the likeness is eerily spot-on, uncannily very similar indeed ....

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour,
That's orbiting at nineteen miles a second, so it's reckoned,
A sun that is the source of all our power.
The sun and you and me and all the stars that we can see
Are moving at a million miles a day
In an outer spiral arm, at forty thousand miles an hour,
Of the galaxy we call the 'Milky Way'.
Our galaxy itself contains a hundred billion stars.
It's a hundred thousand light years side to side.
It bulges in the middle, sixteen thousand light years thick,
But out by us, it's just three thousand light years wide.
We're thirty thousand light years from galactic central point.
We go 'round every two hundred million years,
And our galaxy is only one of millions of billions
In this amazing and expanding universe.

The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding
In all of the directions it can whizz
As fast as it can go, at the speed of light, you know,
Twelve million miles a minute, and that's the fastest speed there is.
So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth,
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth.

I had a "Eureka" moment on the weekend...

Went out into town like always to watch the City and West Ham match, and after a shit day and a shit game, I kicked on with the sole intention of making a mess of myself.

Got some Maccas at some unknown time in the morning, became ill and re-filled my cup with undigested Big Mac and beer.

Fell asleep on the train home, to be woken at my stop by some guy... said something like "this train terminates and goes back to the city, you better get off"... I mumbled something and stumbled down the stairs and made it home without further incident, but...

Find out later that day that the "guy" was my Dad catching the train to work the next morning... I was in such a state I didn't even recognise him...

Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
I had a "Eureka" moment on the weekend...

Went out into town like always to watch the City and West Ham match, and after a shit day and a shit game, I kicked on with the sole intention of making a mess of myself.

Got some Maccas at some unknown time in the morning, became ill and re-filled my cup with undigested Big Mac and beer.

Fell asleep on the train home, to be woken at my stop by some guy... said something like "this train terminates and goes back to the city, you better get off"... I mumbled something and stumbled down the stairs and made it home without further incident, but...

Find out later that day that the "guy" was my Dad catching the train to work the next morning... I was in such a state I didn't even recognise him...

That is fucking classic.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
To improve everyones life who comes into contact with me, could be something small, a smile, some advice, a compliment or something big, like a kidney.

Its all very worthy and noble to consider giving away internal organs like kidneys .

But ,consider the consequences, if you do donate a kidney ,you are ,at a stroke ,reducing by 50% the body's capability to process alcohol .

Both mine are currently working at full capacity and at the weekend were on overload, so l would very much like to keep 'em both for now.

der-bomber said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
To improve everyones life who comes into contact with me, could be something small, a smile, some advice, a compliment or something big, like a kidney.

Its all very worthy and noble to consider giving away internal organs like kidneys .

But ,consider the consequences, if you do donate a kidney ,you are ,at a stroke ,reducing by 50% the body's capability to process alcohol .

Both mine are currently working at full capacity and at the weekend were on overload, so l would very much like to keep 'em both for now.

My happiness is not dictated by how much or whether I can drink.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.