The Media Against Pep?

The fall out from Guardiola's post-match interview was ridiculously over the top. He was clearly a bit tetchy, but he's not the first, and won't be the last, manager to give short shrift to an interviewer. Mourinho refused to speak at all after a game earlier this season, whilst Ferguson refused to speak to the BBC at all for many years. Klopp was even more terse in an interview on the same day, but for some reason that was largely ignored.

It was a bit much seeing various broadcasters and journalists bleating about a lack of respect, when they've shown him precious little so far.

From the second it was confirmed he was coming to us the media have wanted him to fail,if he had gone to the swamp they would adore him,i don't understand why the media aren't made up with having him in the prem,from his interviews i think the penny has dropped now that anyone who comes to us is put down in the media

From the second it was confirmed he was coming to us the media have wanted him to fail,if he had gone to the swamp they would adore him,i don't understand why the media aren't made up with having him in the prem,from his interviews i think the penny has dropped now that anyone who comes to us is put down in the media

I suspect the journos are, well the better ones like Winter and Samuel.
The Indie, Guardian and Telegraph field Herbert, Jackson and Ducker as the Manchester/Northern correspondent, and those three appear to all loathe City (the first two it's known, but Ducker seems as bad).
The editors, particular of tabloids and commercial TV, will want clickbait.

I suspect the journos are, well the better ones like Winter and Samuel.
The Indie, Guardian and Telegraph field Herbert, Jackson and Ducker as the Manchester/Northern correspondent, and those three appear to all loathe City (the first two it's known, but Ducker seems as bad).
The editors, particular of tabloids and commercial TV, will want clickbait.
It's such a shame that having someone like Pep here is not embraced by them,it seems like the press and pundits are all dying to say see i told you it would never work here instead of learning something new,as you say click bait is more important,funny how they loved him before he got here

They're all joining in today. Shearer and Mr Personality, Trevor Brooking, have come out to say Pep has underestimated the Premier League! I'm pretty sure Pep knew more about the Premier League than these two boring farts thinks he knows. These two 'experts' were both crap at management and have little or no experience of football in Europe. Doesn't stop them sticking the knife in though.

It's such a shame that having someone like Pep here is not embraced by them,it seems like the press and pundits are all dying to say see i told you it would never work here instead of learning something new,as you say click bait is more important,funny how they loved him before he got here

Yep. 'Loved him until he joined the opposition' type stuff.

They're all joining in today. Shearer and Mr Personality, Trevor Brooking, have come out to say Pep has underestimated the Premier League! I'm pretty sure Pep knew more about the Premier League than these two boring farts thinks he knows. These two 'experts' were both crap at management and have little or no experience of football in Europe. Doesn't stop them sticking the knife in though.

The irony is, at the start of the season it was the journalists and pundits who were saying that City would walk the league. Guardiola was far more circumspect about our prospects, even after our brilliant start.

Now that it looks like we probably won't win the title, they claim that he underestimated the league, whereas the reality is that they were overstating our credentials early on. It was always going to be a transitional season, and a huge rebuilding job given the age of our squad.

The irony is, at the start of the season it was the journalists and pundits who were saying that City would walk the league. Guardiola was far more circumspect about our prospects, even after our brilliant start.

Now that it looks like we probably won't win the title, they claim that he underestimated the league, whereas the reality is that they were overstating our credentials early on. It was always going to be a transitional season, and a huge rebuilding job given the age of our squad.
The age thing is an interesting one because we were constantly told last 2 seasons we have an old team but now they ignore the fact that are core of oldies is still there and need replacing,it is a rebuild this year but now they ignore that fact it needs doing,they are a strange lot

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.