The Media Against Pep?

Its blatantly apparent now that everyone is busting for Pep and City to fail. They're quite literally foaming at the mouth. I cant believe that one interview was scrutinized to such an extent that it became frenzied at times on mainstream radio and tv. He answered the mans questions and went about his work, now dry your eyes, pull your tights up and fuck off. I cant wait to slap it up every cnut! He's going to be a huge success at City. Its GOING to happen!

Pep Guardiola personally apologised to BBC and Sky Sports reporters after 'awkward' interviews insisting it was 'nothing personal'. [Times]

Was hoping the club would get tough with them this time but it seems they're going the soft, nicey, nice route again...

If anyone visited espnfc recently, you'll notice that big and bold is the cover story 'Guardiola's attitude must improve'. Meanwhile Barca lost 2-1 to Bilbao in a huge shock and it's barely mentioned in the side feed. Disgusting journalism.

Quite surprised about that apology. I suspect that this is one where the word might have come down from on high (i.e. the chairman and the sheik) to just smooth things over. Pep was a bit testy with the journalist, but if you watched Klopp's postmatch conference after Sunderland, he was downright aggressive. And I liked him for it. And Pep's edginess was as nothing compared to Nigel Pearson, was it, openly insulting a journalist when he was at Leicester. As others have said, the scrutiny on Pep and us generally is something to behold. I never used to subscribe to the agenda theory, but slowly, I am starting to believe…

The apology appears to be that he said to each of them that "it was nothing personal", which isn't exactly an apology.

Having thought about it, the claim that he did could be read as another dig.

Funny how they were happy to give Klopp time, but Pep is expected to work miracles from the get-go.
Klopp: I'm glad you didn't say anything about my last press conference and concentrated on pep.

*Jurnos howl like hyenas*

Source: Talkshite 3 minutes ago.

So the media are now saying Pep has "backtracked" on his retirement statement. Nothing to do with the media getting it wrong and misunderstanding what he meant. Go figure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.