The media are brainwashing some city fans

burning blue soul said:
Palerider said:
When I was at school a long time ago we had a raffle for a massive Easter Egg. Most of us could only afford one ticket, it was a poor area, however one kid had a rich dad and he bought 50% of the tickets. How many people do you think wanted him to win that bloody egg?

who won it mate, im on the edge of my seat here!!!!!!

PMSL, good analogy though

Marvin said:
Bluesy7 said:
http://matthill-views.blogspot.com/

Would welcome feedback it's my first ever so don't be too harsh with me. Please try and go beyond the title (it's there for a reason). I do my best to be as unbiased and truthful as I possibly can and these are MY opinions.

For the record, I agree with the OP
I thought Tevez was onside and used his chest to control the ball whatever Jonathan Pearce said

You put City's struggles down to an under-performing midfield, and I agree. Yaya Toure is indeed struggling with the attacking midfield role. But I doubt it's through lack of effort. It's more a question of adapting to a new role, and League. Whether he can play as an attacking midfielder, I am not sure. His passing and ball control is peerless. But he struggles to get forward from midfield. De Jong and Barry can't do that. So either he learns or we play Milner in that role and change it round.

Too many Ciy fans think we should be No. 1 overnight
VOOMER said:
Bluesy7 said:
http://matthill-views.blogspot.com/

Would welcome feedback it's my first ever so don't be too harsh with me. Please try and go beyond the title (it's there for a reason). I do my best to be as unbiased and truthful as I possibly can and these are MY opinions.

For the record, I agree with the OP

Our width is going to come from the full backs with the perceived wide men Milner and johnson ensuring they are usaully coming inside takinge the fullback with them leaving space for the full backs to exploit and when one wing attacks, the other side MUST move up , or the opponents will simply drift across with a midfield player dropping into the defensive line. If we have moved up and the play slows, we can then shift the ball across while puting pressure on, most certainly we will have caused the opposition into trying to second guess us.The problem is yesterday Boetang didn't do what kolarov tried to do and how many times did we see Milner simply hug the buy line, never making the run inside which he was always blocking Kolarovs line, it takes time to get the players understand each other, but Boetang has plenty of pace and I want him overlapping, far more than he currently does.

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to read it and for replying! I agree with what you both say, particularly what VOOMER said about Boateng

In years to come, we will have it confirmed that Bacon Face spent a fortune on backhanders to the boys and girls of the press. Until then, it's best to ignore everything negative that's said and written. It's just there to wind us up, and it seems like we're a soft target.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Not many are calling for his head but a lot are saying he needs to change his approach because his current one isn't working. You accept this presumably as you admit yesterday was poor (which is more than most of the apologists do).

That's like saying that the win over Chelsea is proof that it is working. We need to be capable of taking a longer term view of things.

Us roaring the team on is not going to make him commit 6 players to the attack when we're going forward.

Us roaring the team on will undoubtedly improve performances and results.

And we're in 4th place now but wins against Blackburn and Birmingham would have put us in 2nd. We've been a bit lucky that no other team has put a run of results together to catch us but it could look different when Bolton come ot CoMS in December. What excuse will you have then if it does?

And if we go on a good run?

moomba said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Not many are calling for his head but a lot are saying he needs to change his approach because his current one isn't working. You accept this presumably as you admit yesterday was poor (which is more than most of the apologists do).

That's like saying that the win over Chelsea is proof that it is working. We need to be capable of taking a longer term view of things.

Us roaring the team on is not going to make him commit 6 players to the attack when we're going forward.

Us roaring the team on will undoubtedly improve performances and results.

And we're in 4th place now but wins against Blackburn and Birmingham would have put us in 2nd. We've been a bit lucky that no other team has put a run of results together to catch us but it could look different when Bolton come ot CoMS in December. What excuse will you have then if it does?

And if we go on a good run?
First, Chelsea are not Birmingham. They go out to dominate games and we neutralised them and got a goal. Job done. Brum didn't do that yesterday. They set out to defend and we couldn't deal with it. Plus there's still a very strong suspicion that our players still have that small club mentality that makes them raise their game against Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool. Worringly however, we didn't do it againsrt the rags.

Secondly, rightly or wrongly fans react to what they see on the pitch. It's hard to get enthusiatic about passes going backwards and sideways.

And finally, if we do go on a good run then we'll look back on this and blush.

Until we win something it's going to be open house on us.

Last couple of years we've been pretty formidable at home. Back then, the headlines were "City fragile away from home". Record of 3-1-2 on the road isn't a news story, so they need another line of attack.

Now it's negative tactics. Media focusing on 3 games at home without scoring. Not heard one pundit or read one article mentioning three clean sheets in a week. In some circles for certain teams, they'd be waxing lyrical about a clean sheet = always getting something out of a game.

clubfoot said:
Where we were in 1999 is utterly irrelevant

From a fans perspective it's totally relevant.

It makes booing the manager and team because we drew at home to Birmingham embarrassing.

The heart and soul of our club is the fans, but if certain sections of our fans keep reacting like they did yesterday then we will get nowhere fast.
Alright. Seeing as you think what happened 11 years agao is relevant, let's go back to 1968and compare our position now to what we achieved back then. Fair enough?

pissedagain said:
shock horror,city draw twice in a week.....hang on so did trafford!!!!!
Yeah; away twice at potentially tricky grounds. We were at home twice. Whose were the better results?

jimharri said:
clubfoot said:
From a fans perspective it's totally relevant.

It makes booing the manager and team because we drew at home to Birmingham embarrassing.

The heart and soul of our club is the fans, but if certain sections of our fans keep reacting like they did yesterday then we will get nowhere fast.
Alright. Seeing as you think what happened 11 years agao is relevant, let's go back to 1968and compare our position now to what we achieved back then. Fair enough?

pissedagain said:
shock horror,city draw twice in a week.....hang on so did trafford!!!!!
Yeah; away twice at potentially tricky grounds. We were at home twice. Whose were the better results?

I'll tell you after we played the scum and villa away I reckon we'll get 1 point more

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.