The media are brainwashing some city fans

jimharri said:
clubfoot said:
Sorry mate I wasn't born in 68 :P
Your missing the point though, the point being we should never forget where we have been, having all the money in the world does not guarantee overnight success no matter how much you boo.
CL qualification this season, CL run and a shot at the title next season
Not missing the point at all. You're comparing our position now to where we were in '99. Fair enough; that's your prerogative. Your reasoning being that
''...we should never forget where we have been...''
Well, I'm not forgetting where we were and what we achieved in '68. If you want to compare our fortunes now with a less glorious past in our history, then it is only fair to also compare with our glory period. Yes?

in a word no, and your point being???

Bluesy7 said:
http://matthill-views.blogspot.com/

Would welcome feedback it's my first ever so don't be too harsh with me. Please try and go beyond the title (it's there for a reason). I do my best to be as unbiased and truthful as I possibly can and these are MY opinions.

For the record, I agree with the OP
very good but i'm sure "talismanic" isn't a word

clubfoot said:
jimharri said:
Not missing the point at all. You're comparing our position now to where we were in '99. Fair enough; that's your prerogative. Your reasoning being that
''...we should never forget where we have been...''
Well, I'm not forgetting where we were and what we achieved in '68. If you want to compare our fortunes now with a less glorious past in our history, then it is only fair to also compare with our glory period. Yes?

in a word no, and your point being???
My point is that we're not in as good a position as we were in 1968, whereas your point is (I think) that we're in a significantly better position than we were in 1999. Both points of view are valid, it's just unbalanced to point out only one of those facts.

no, my point is why are some 'fans' booing the team when we are 4th in the league when only 11 years ago were down amongst the dead men?

68 has nothing what so ever to do with that

clubfoot said:
no, my point is why are some 'fans' booing the team when we are 4th in the league when only 11 years ago were down amongst the dead men?

Because people see Mancini replace Tevez with Barry when we're chasing a goal and they don't think "That's a strange decision but we were in the 3rd Division in 1999 so I'd better not moan."

Prestwich_Blue said:
clubfoot said:

Because people see Mancini replace Tevez with Barry when we're chasing a goal and they don't think "That's a strange decision but we were in the 3rd Division in 1999 so I'd better not moan."
Correct, but some people can't see that.

I think the media are loving all this and there has to be some agenda here. Whether it be a pro United press or resentment towards the money spent, or just a raised expectation of City portrayed through this misguided idea that spending a bit of money means we should be top of the league.

Notice how a draw against Utd is reported as a disaster for us. How a draw against 11 Birmingham defenders is sneered at and how Mancini's 'negative' tactics are ripped apart with every story accompanied by reports of fall outs, arguments and unsettled fans.

Now notice how Man Utd, a team more likely to have been contending for the title, draw against little old City and nothing as negative is said about them. Notice how they clawed their way back from almost losing 2-0 to Villa and are reported as heroes. If that had of been us it would of been reported along the lines of 'fans upset as 2 late goals save Mancini's job for another game'.

All this negative reporting puts pressure on the manager and the team. And when the fans lap it up it transcends onto the pitch and creates more ill feeling. And the media fucking love it.

it aint going to happen overnight guys, get used to it. booing the team and chopping and changing the manager every time we go through a rough patch aint gonna achieve anything.

tevez was not fit, who else would you have thrown on? jo? vieira?

give him a break ffs

bluemoonmcfc said:
I think the media are loving all this and there has to be some agenda here. Whether it be a pro United press or resentment towards the money spent, or just a raised expectation of City portrayed through this misguided idea that spending a bit of money means we should be top of the league.

Notice how a draw against Utd is reported as a disaster for us. How a draw against 11 Birmingham defenders is sneered at and how Mancini's 'negative' tactics are ripped apart with every story accompanied by reports of fall outs, arguments and unsettled fans.

Now notice how Man Utd, a team more likely to have been contending for the title, draw against little old City and nothing as negative is said about them. Notice how they clawed their way back from almost losing 2-0 to Villa and are reported as heroes. If that had of been us it would of been reported along the lines of 'fans upset as 2 late goals save Mancini's job for another game'.

All this negative reporting puts pressure on the manager and the team. And when the fans lap it up it transcends onto the pitch and creates more ill feeling. And the media fucking love it.
All completely wrong. United were the away team in both the matches you stated. Drawing away at City is a good result for that away side. Coming back from 2-0 AWAY from home is a good result. We would have had the same kind of positive response if it was us. The home side who spends yet another £100m+ on players, but fails to even score against Birmingham City WILL get slated by the press and in my opinion, quite rightly so aswell. Look over your shoulder, pull your duvet over your paranoid head all you want, thats your call and I pity you quite frankly.

bluemoonmcfc said:

Personally I couldnt give two flying fcuks what any journolist or media pundit say, nether am I too concerned about two consecutive home draws, but the manner inwhich we are playing, and THAT gives me great cause for concern because we have little if any threat, we are playing far too slowly for this league, and IF allowed to continue WILL cost us the points required to obtain CL qualification .
We HAVE the players to play a far faster more open more fluent style of football that will give us entertainment, but more importantly give us a greater chance of wining games (it may cost us a couple of defeats as well), but in THIS league especially with three points for a win and one for a draw, it is IMPORTANT to give yourself the best possible chance to win EVERY game you play.
As I feel that we will be in a scrap at the end of the season with the swamp dwellers, the potential THREE point difference that could have been obtained on Wednesday nightcould well prove to be vital.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.