Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand what you mean maybe it's british humour and i didn't get it.

What i'm trying to do is explain to show to this forum all Messi Sides not just the good ones. And i don't understand why nobody on this forum believe Pep when he says he wants to see Messi finish his carrer at Barcelona. Pep it's not somebody who play games he really meant what he said and he has good reasons.

I do believe pep meant what he said. WHEN he said it, at that time, in that context.

This summer, different time, different context.

False 9 Messi under pep again is going to be lethal id say. with KDB behind him omg

Because City has never won the champions league is it as simple as that. Our players are hungry asf because they have a challenge. After 2 or 3 champions league it can not be the same hunger.

How do you want to have the same hunger after 6 ballons d'or , 10 ligas and 3 champions league?
I would love to have Messi in our club but on certains conditions but i don't think he will accept. We are not talking just about a football player we are talking about a monster. This dude was bigger than Barça and you think if he comes to City he will accept to change his mentality? This dude has almost get Luis Enrique fired just because he was trying to tell him to run and help the team a lil bit more.

It is because Messi refuses to accept second best that he even considers leaving behind the only real life he has ever known.

He is willing to sacrifice the stability of his wife and kids, move to a country he doesn't know, play in a league that is unforgiving in so many ways, just to continue winning.

Your argument was his legs can't be the same, and I don't think you will have many people disputing he's not peak 27 anymore.

However, to suggest he doesn't want to run because his hunger to succeed is already diminished, because of everything he has won, isn't borne out in his temptation to come to City.

If it is now about money, he can get it in Paris or the US, stay at Barca and just take the easy life.

Coming to City, that strikes me as a man who hasn't lost his desire to keep winning, adding to his legacy.

A motivated Messi, surrounded with the players we have, is tantamount to having a footballing nuclear weapon in your arsenal.

Note to self, Lionel Messi at 70 per cent is still greater than any player I will have witnessed in my City lifetime.

With the greatest respect to all those City players who were obviously a bit special.

When my 13-year-old son is old and grey, with hopefully grandkids of his own, he would be able to say he saw one of the greatest players to ever kick a ball play for City.

We all want to keep winning, but let's not forget why we all love football in the first place?

I was there when Kinky ran through the entire Southampton defence, I can't even remember the result now.

I was there at my first derby game to see Mick McCarthy bullet home a header against United.

I was there for the 10-1. I was there for Clive Wilson heading in on Boxing Day to beat the mighty Liverpool.

These are all snapshots burnt into my memory.

They are moments in time and had nothing to do with winning league titles or glory.

It is the sheer joy of just watching football. To see someone like Messi play in a City shirt, regardless of the dividend, is to have something live long in the memory and encounter true snapshots of true greatness.

Don't turn your nose up, remember where we have come from, what it has taken to get us here.
By gum, tolmie, you're in excellent form yourself these days! Another great post. I'm surprised at the number of fans who are so keen to say they were at York but don't want to see Messi pull on the shirt.

I don't understand what you mean maybe it's british humour and i didn't get it.

What i'm trying to do is explain to show to this forum all Messi Sides not just the good ones. And i don't understand why nobody on this forum believe Pep when he says he wants to see Messi finish his carrer at Barcelona. Pep it's not somebody who play games he really meant what he said and he has good reasons.
Of course I believe what Pep said about him wanting Messi to stay at Barca, but it's ultimately not his decision, but it's what Messi decides. Messi already said he wanted to leave in that interview he gave and said he was not allowed to.
So at that point if Messi doesn't want to stay what is Pep supposed to do? He can let him go to PSG, but what good is that? He still would be leaving Barca.
First of all it will be Messi to decide if he leaves. Then it will come down to talks between Messi and Pep and Pep would let him know what he needs to do if he came here.

The cons are disrupting the team ala Marsh. But we all know Messi isn't Marsh
Pretty sure Marsh was playing in the second division when we signed him, with a style of football completely at odds with the way City played.

Messi is the best player in the world, perfectly suited to the way we play, and we’re getting him for 0.

The comparison to the Marsh signing is laughable.

It is because Messi refuses to accept second best that he even considers leaving behind the only real life he has ever known.

He is willing to sacrifice the stability of his wife and kids, move to a country he doesn't know, play in a league that is unforgiving in so many ways, just to continue winning.

Your argument was his legs can't be the same, and I don't think you will have many people disputing he's not peak 27 anymore.

However, to suggest he doesn't want to run because his hunger to succeed is already diminished, because of everything he has won, isn't borne out in his temptation to come to City.

If it is now about money, he can get it in Paris or the US, stay at Barca and just take the easy life.

Coming to City, that strikes me as a man who hasn't lost his desire to keep winning, adding to his legacy.

A motivated Messi, surrounded with the players we have, is tantamount to having a footballing nuclear weapon in your arsenal.

E3B08F79-69A4-4BC0-ACDE-C6CA84F5B74F.jpeg

De Jong is shit?
Dembele is shit?
Griezmann is shit?
Alba is shit?
Pedri and Ansu Fati are shit?
Ter Stegen is shit?
Pjanic is shit?

Griezmann has lost this season some 30, literally, great chances for a goal almost alone with the goal. He improved in last 1.5 month thankfully.
Dembele had played again very few games due to injuries AGAIN.
Fati has a months long injury.
Pjanic plays crappy till now yes.

So yeah, overall, his teammates are bad till now.

You don't get it don't you? You can not win games when you have a player who walks all game long even if he is the best player of all time. Of course he will score plenty of goals but you will always loose.
When Liverpool destroyed Barcelona you seriously think it's because they have better players?

I believe that in that first game Messi had 2 goals, had played a great game and at the last minute he managed to run the field dribble some players and passed to the completely free Dembele in the penalty area, who while being completely free with only facing the goalkeeper for a great chance for a 4-0 and a sure promotion to next round, Dembele had made a PASS to the goalkeeper.

If Messi comes, he will score a lot of goals but we won't win shit unless he decided to start running again at the age of 34.

People should really watch the entire barça games and not only the 2minutes resumé to make up their minds.

I watch entire Barca games and the problem of Barcelona is not their best contributing player which is Messi, but their bad attacking system and super crappy defense.

I think people are heavily deceived if they believe Messi's contributions to Man City would not have been at least triple(in general, e.g goals, asists, dribbles and key passes) from Jesus, Sterling, Bernardo, Mahrez and all others players in offence.

Sure at defense would be much worse than all these guys, but i think he is just fed up with Barcelona's team as a whole this year and with president that did not allowed him to leave and does not give what he can give at defence, so things would not be so bad had he played in ManCity, and reality anyway is that his overall quality is still so high that every team can live with that and still be a huge positive overall.

Having to play 1-2 combinations(passes) with players like these ManCity has, would be amazing for Messi, since current Barca players with the exception of Busquets and Pedri(and Alba and De Yong sometimes, but this works mostly with attacking players) do not have this ability and cannot even play the quick 1-2-1-2 that Messi tries to play and all these years was the style of Barcelona. Right now 85 % or so of these 1-2 tries Messi starts, result in a wrong(too short, too long, too misguided) pass from the players Messi passes while attacking. And after that you see Messi being annoyed and then losing his spirit to play.
On the contrary when he scores a goal after a combination, you see him later running even to guard the goalkeeper. I have seen this multiple times this year.

Goals+Asists 2021
Lionel Messi
, Barcelona (13 goals, 3 assists)
Antoine Griezmann, Barcelona (7 goals, 8 assists)
Erling Haaland, Borussia Dortmund (10 goals, 4 assists)
Luis Muriel, Atalanta (8 goals, 5 assists)
Robert Lewandowski, Bayern Munich (10 goals, 2 assists)
Andre Silva, Eintracht Frankfurt (9 goals, 3 assists)
Ilkay Gundogan, Manchester City (9 goals, 3 assists)
Bruno Fernandes, Manchester United (8 goals, 4 assists)
Duvan Zapata, Atalanta (7 goals, 5 assists)
Jadon Sancho, Borussia Dortmund (6 goals, 6 assists)

Dribbles per 90 minutes, 2020-21
Neymar – 5.9 per 90
Adama Traore – 5.3 per 90
Allan Saint-Maximin – 5.3 per 90
Lionel Messi – 4.8 per 90
Jeremie Boga – 4.7 per 90
Alberto Perea – 4.1 per 90
Hatem Ben Arfa – 4.1 per 90
Amine Harit – 4.0 per 90
Josip Ilicic – 3.9 per 90
Kylian Mbappe – 3.7 per 90

Not too shabby for 34 years old Messi :)

Pretty sure Marsh was playing in the second division when we signed him, with a style of football completely at odds with the way City played.

Messi is the best player in the world, perfectly suited to the way we play, and we’re getting him for 0.

The comparison to the Marsh signing is laughable.
Correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.