The miserable old bastard thread

I've been driving for nearly 35 years, in the UK, Europe, Dubai and even Pakistan. I used to do a thousand miles a week. So, I don't find driving round the rush hour of Central Manchester, M60 and so on of any great technical challenge. I can go as fast as anyone [I tend to have 3-4 litre cars] but don't deliberately break the speed limit, run red lights or cut people up. I also spent many years cross-examining witnesses on the intricacies of the Highway Code [it's a living, I suppose].

Why, then, do some self-important fuckers take it upon themselves to beep at me when I am in the queue in front of them, letting traffic pass and generally making progress as is safely possible. How dare they pass comment on my driving, which is as meticulously safe as it can be. I've seen dead people on the road and acted for them in court. So I don't need lessons in driving from some jumped-up salesman in his company Audi or some oh-so-important mother in a 4x4 on the school run. Rant over.

Nothing worse than driving for making a man grumpy coleridge

I hate stopping at lights and it seems every young woman picks her phone up starts texting, checkin facebook etc

others do hair & make up

Nothing worse than driving for making a man grumpy coleridge

I hate stopping at lights and it seems every young woman picks her phone up starts texting, checkin facebook etc

others do hair & make up
200.gif

I've been driving for nearly 35 years, in the UK, Europe, Dubai and even Pakistan. I used to do a thousand miles a week. So, I don't find driving round the rush hour of Central Manchester, M60 and so on of any great technical challenge. I can go as fast as anyone [I tend to have 3-4 litre cars] but don't deliberately break the speed limit, run red lights or cut people up. I also spent many years cross-examining witnesses on the intricacies of the Highway Code [it's a living, I suppose].

Why, then, do some self-important fuckers take it upon themselves to beep at me when I am in the queue in front of them, letting traffic pass and generally making progress as is safely possible. How dare they pass comment on my driving, which is as meticulously safe as it can be. I've seen dead people on the road and acted for them in court. So I don't need lessons in driving from some jumped-up salesman in his company Audi or some oh-so-important mother in a 4x4 on the school run. Rant over.
Come and drive in Malaysia to see what bad driving really is. 50% of the drivers are using their phone, not talking but watching films or something similar. Don't get me started about motorbikes. ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.