the missing ingredient.

We are missing Lavezzi, an acceptable 4th choice CB and of course, luck. I know every fan of every team will no doubt claim to be unlucky but bloody hell, someone up there certainly doesn't fucking like us!

dctid said:
de niro said:
luck.
we get fuck all, nothing, no own goals, rebounds fall in the other teams favour, barmy refs the lot.
the rags are the luckiest team ever, you can be shit or the best team going but if you are lucky you'll win more than you lose.

utter shite - we were fookin woeful first half and shite away - we only got fookion interested tonight when we went 2 down - had we started this game like we finished i think we would have won - piss poor performances cost us nothing more -

utter shite? calm down sweetcheeks. we were dreadful tonight but other teams are dreadful and they get by, a fluke, an own goal, a deflection, just a lucky break.
everton beat us with a deflection then the ball goes down the other end and when the ball hits the defenders arm we get the only blind officials in modern day football. liverpool equalise with the most bizaar deflections you'll ever see.

we just dont get that sort of luck.

Luck. Agenda, we really are clutching at straws. If we can't blame sky, the ref now luck is part of the whole conspiracy theory .

Pam said:
DalbeyINUK said:
Yeah sure feels that way sometimes. A really good winger as the above poster said would go a long way towards helping us too.

There is also the theory that you make your own luck. Aggressive action creates positive reaction. The rags when aggressive create luck. Look at their goals I swear half of them are just whipped into the box knock arounds that get tapped in.

Like tonight? Or last week? Or vs Blackburn, Basel or the bar codes.. Or getting owned but flukily lucky at Norwich. They're shit. They're winning out of luck

I feel like you missed the point I was trying to make there Pam. No biggie though.

de niro said:
dctid said:
de niro said:
luck.
we get fuck all, nothing, no own goals, rebounds fall in the other teams favour, barmy refs the lot.
the rags are the luckiest team ever, you can be shit or the best team going but if you are lucky you'll win more than you lose.

utter shite - we were fookin woeful first half and shite away - we only got fookion interested tonight when we went 2 down - had we started this game like we finished i think we would have won - piss poor performances cost us nothing more -

utter shite? calm down sweetcheeks. we were dreadful tonight but other teams are dreadful and they get by, a fluke, an own goal, a deflection, just a lucky break.
everton beat us with a deflection then the ball goes down the other end and when the ball hits the defenders arm we get the only blind officials in modern day football. liverpool equalise with the most bizaar deflections you'll ever see.

we have been dreadful too many times this season hotpants and its getting more and more frequent

The Football is too slow too predictable and yes the players aint stepping up

Also dont forget Ballo's goal in Porto - had that not gone in could have been a very different game

We simply aint good enough

de niro said:
luck.
I agree with every single word of that. This is the only place I would admit it as people would just say I was jealous and bitter. I sometimes think that baconface has sold his soul to the devil. He is the luckiest manager on the face of the planet......once he goes, the luck will go with it and they'll buckle.

Oh, I also know that baconface is an incredible manager as well, but he is also so fucking lucky it grates.

dctid said:
de niro said:
dctid said:

we have been dreadful too many times this season hotpants and its getting more and more frequent

The Football is too slow too predictable and yes the players aint stepping up

Also dont forget Ballo's goal in Porto - had that not gone in could have been a very different game

We simply aint good enough

i totally agree with the last line of your post.

hence the need for a break.

Not necessarily completely relevant to the thread, but in a sense it is, I guess. My favourite quote on luck came from our very own Joe Royle when we were struggling under his tenure on our return to the Premier League in the 2000/1 season:

All the good teams are at the top and all the unlucky teams are at the bottom

You are going to notice your perceived bad luck much more readily when things aren't going your way. If things are going your way you'll just shrug your shoulders about the challenges that are inevitably thrown your way.

Maybe we've been "unlucky", but I bet we wouldn't be feeling anything like as "unlucky" if we had the same number of points and the same outcomes in games but united were 13 points behind.

Perception is reality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.