the missing ingredient.

de niro said:
Jumanji said:
Luck doesn't exist. For the sake of argument, teams create their own luck.

so the rags created a slippy patch for john terry to miss a cl final penalty?

Nah.... Terry is just an out and out donkey

Dax777 said:
de niro said:
Ric said:
We're clutching at straws if we're blaming luck.

not blaming luck for tonight, i'm saying we were shite but whenever other teams are shite something falls on their lap, it never does for us.
You mean nothing Like the Aguero dive, we got a penalty for?

dont get me going on penalies with the number we have been cheated out of this season.

i mean more like flukes, own goals etc.

de niro said:
Ric said:

not blaming luck for tonight, i'm saying we were shite but whenever other teams are shite something falls on their lap, it never does for us.
Every season you get a game when a team visits City and scores with their every effort on goal. Tonight was that night. A pity it was a killer knock out tie

2nd half we were exceptional. That was as good a 45 minutes as you will see.

We were a fingertip away from one of the great City wins. But at least we're back to winning ways and got our form and confidence back

The rags have had loads of luck these past years, that's not sour grapes, just an observation. Take the Rooney shinner, a deflected cross, a defender slipping. Sometimes all the talent in the world isn't enough, a bit of luck is needed to get over that line. We've not had our fair share yet.

de niro said:
Ric said:

First it's refs, then it's luck. There may be something in both of those, but we have to start taking responsibility for our own results rather than looking for excuses.

de niro said:
luck.
we get fuck all, nothing, no own goals, rebounds fall in the other teams favour, barmy refs the lot.
the rags are the luckiest team ever, you can be shit or the best team going but if you are lucky you'll win more than you lose.

I agree with you, but lack of real quality in central defence at that level will cost us our season if we don't get lescott and Kompany back at the helm. K Toure and Savic together as a pairing are not good enough.

de niro said:
danburge82 said:
de niro said:
luck.
we get fuck all, nothing, no own goals, rebounds fall in the other teams favour, barmy refs the lot.
the rags are the luckiest team ever, you can be shit or the best team going but if you are lucky you'll win more than you lose.
There's no such thing as luck. It's like saying we miss Uri Gellar or David Copperfield. Magic, luck, god, the Easter bunny... none of them exist!

Things just happen, some of them go for you, some of them don't.

of course but why the imbalance in which stack we fall under.
We were a club going nowhere...well, we were a club that could have gone bankrupt...but we miraculously got taken over by one of the top 25 wealthiest men in the whole world. An actual Arabian Sheikh, a man that has oil money - black gold - who is one of the biggest emerging businessmen on the planet...Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al Nahyan, took over Manchester City Football Club.

We've won more games, scored more goals, lost fewer games and conceded fewer goals than I can remember. We've had penalties given for us that weren't, we very often get free kicks that aren't fouls, we've had opposition players score own goals or make absolute howlers to gift us something. When I walked out of Goodison Park in January I walked for about two miles with all the Scousers (I parked my car down the road where my mate lives) and all I could hear was them moaning about the ref and how Kompany should have been sent off for persistent fouling and how they had no "luck". I thought to myself about how the ref made poor decisions against us and how Drenthe should have been sent off for persistent diving and fouling and a bit of a dangerous tackle and how we hit the bar with Nasri. What I realised is that every single side set of fans think the same thing. Listen to the phone-ins, every match day without fail there will be fans ringing up to moan about the ref one way or another or how things didn't just fall right for them. We're no different.

I have been saying for years the rags have more than their fair share of luck but at the end of the day you make your own luck.
We are lacking width and pace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.