The modern penalty

Completely agree.

A pet hate of mine is a defender being caught running back towards his own goal with the ball at his feet. In the old days it was a risky situation, no defender likes facing his own goal, it's risky, but not so much nowadays. Just wait till you feel the breath of the closing player behind you, then drop with a piercing shriek onto the ball. The momentum of the player behind you will cause him to tumble over you in a big heap, so it looks like a foul, sounds like a foul 'cos of the shriek, and hey-presto, a free kick is given, the pressure is off. Its cheating. Plain and simple, and like a said above, with VAR intervention, can be proved (or disproved).
I really don’t want VAR stopping games anymore than they already do. If this continues it will only be a matter of time before TV networks start going to commercial breaks while the review is ongoing.

I would prefer the FA to review games and administer heavy fines - say two weeks pay for simulation. Salah would have to pay to play in the Premier League

what should of happened ,as soon as that southampton players red card v united got overturned ,they should of announced they were investigating the dive by martial, fucking outrageous, 6-0 up, against 10 men and the cheating **** dives and gets another player sent off, now that is morally fucking wrong.

I really don’t want VAR stopping games anymore than they already do. If this continues it will only be a matter of time before TV networks start going to commercial breaks while the review is ongoing.

I would prefer the FA to review games and administer heavy fines - say two weeks pay for simulation. Salah would have to pay to play in the Premier League
Fair enough where VAR's concerned. I wouldn't fine them with money tho', most top players can wipe their arses on £50 notes. I'd give them match bans. A one game ban for being guilty of simulation to gain an advantage on the pitch, and a three game ban for simulation resulting in a player being sent off and/or a goal. If managers start losing players due to bans, they themselves will put a stop to it.

I like the idea of only giving pens for the denial of a goal-scoring opportunity. They already use this to decide cards, so why not just expand it to penalties. This way you'd get a penalty for a foul outside the box after a breakaway, but you wouldn't for incidental contact on a player going nowhere, but just inside the box.

For the fouls/handling in the box that don't deny a goal-scoring opportunity, give a direct free-kick from anywhere they like outside the box.

And while I'm on a roll, anyone caught diving with no contact at all is sent off and then summarily executed at dawn the next day. It might seem a bit harsh, but it'd certainly put a stop to it.
It's a good idea but I fancy that Raheem would be one on one with de Gea and the ref and VAR would not see it as 'an opportunity', whereas a ball toe ended from the Rag area going out for a throw after it hit a Rag on the back of the head would be!

Fair enough where VAR's concerned. I wouldn't fine them with money tho', most top players can wipe their arses on £50 notes. I'd give them match bans. A one game ban for being guilty of simulation to gain an advantage on the pitch, and a three game ban for simulation resulting in a player being sent off and/or a goal. If managers start losing players due to bans, they themselves will put a stop to it.
Okay, fine and a ban works for me. 2 weeks pay is pretty steep, even for top players. £300k+ is a lot for most

i think the general consensus with those who would pontificate on the 'ban' would find that Salah was fouled by Ruben and therefore didn't dive, consequently no ban! it would be us, Burnley, EFC, Fulham, et al, who would get the bans for what would be a stonewall pen. Sergio, Corporal Jones, Southampton.

Imo, 80% of penalties should be Play On
Should only be for denial of goalscoring opportunity.
Imagine a World Cup being won or lost because of an inconsequential brush of a defender’s hand in the corner of the penalty box, going away from goal.

The rule is a farce, I need to find another hobby.

Bolton's best. Can't for the life of me think what he would be the best at, but as sure as VAR is a crock of pigmolshite it sure ain't top class reffing!
Mason would be better off being hired by Warner Bro's so they could dress him in plus fours,a deer stalker on his head, give him a shotgun ( No shells ), slap his fat arse and get him running shouting Kill the wabit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.