the money stick we get beaten by

You just have to switch off and enjoy Match days..... just like the fans at at Real Madrid and Barca. Like they did at Inter and AC Milan back when they were the have's. Like they do at Bayern. Like the DID at United throughout much of GPC's tenure! Like they did winning the titles at Chelsea under Mourninho.

In every business, if you want the best you pay the going rate to hire the best staff, but you still need Managers and a Management structure that works. Then you have to invest wisely for the future because the days of being cash rich don't last forever. Look at Nokia and Blackberry and Kodak, etc., etc.
United did a decent job for a while when they had the buying power, mixing youth with buying the biggest names, using the money being an established top club and the new CL windfalls gave them every year. Arsenal decided to use that money to build a new Stadium that would give them a more financial power years into the future. Maybe a wise choice, but their choice nonetheless and one that would mean limited buying power for several years.
Looking forward, we have to (and I believe are and will continue to) do the best possible job laying the foundations for the future for when the new cash no longer rolls in and we have to rely on living on what we earn and attracting and producing players from our successes ON the pitch and through our Academy. This is no different from the advantages United and Liverpool and Arsenal and Chelsea enjoyed when the CL money was rolling in year after year. It is down to their owners whether they re--invested wisely, or sucked the money out of the Club. It will be our fault if we don't stay ahead of the game.
It is now our turn. Quite honestly, my current thought is f*** everyone, I am not going to let anyone spoil the fun we are having right now watching our team playing the best football in the League.......football that to some extent they ALL could have been playing had they spent their money more wisely.

Man United have spent just as ludicrously as City. De Gea, Ferdinand, Jones, Carrick, Young, Valencia, Rooney, Berbatov, Van Persie.. The period of time over which the spending occurred matters little to me - it would make sense for United's to be spread out, they've been doing it for longer. The biggest difference is, in my opinion, City used their money to bring exciting football to the PL, whereas United have decided to become the ultimate grind machine, whose tedious football needs more luck than ability or talent to yield success.

I don't agree with City and Chelsea's policy, as it has hampered my club Arsenal considerably, but at the end of the day it isn't their fault they were bought by a billionaire. And, as I said, at least City are using their money to make the league more exciting. One thing I don't believe, however, is that you need money to win things. It's entirely possible to put together a quality group of players capable of competing, but it's simply a matter of keeping them together.

Anyway, I'm bored of watching United win undeserved titles, so I hope City or Arsenal can win this one and a few more teams can compete strongly next season.

Gotze19 said:
Man United have spent just as ludicrously as City. De Gea, Ferdinand, Jones, Carrick, Young, Valencia, Rooney, Berbatov, Van Persie.. The period of time over which the spending occurred matters little to me - it would make sense for United's to be spread out, they've been doing it for longer. The biggest difference is, in my opinion, City used their money to bring exciting football to the PL, whereas United have decided to become the ultimate grind machine, whose tedious football needs more luck than ability or talent to yield success.

I don't agree with City and Chelsea's policy, as it has hampered my club Arsenal considerably, but at the end of the day it isn't their fault they were bought by a billionaire. And, as I said, at least City are using their money to make the league more exciting. One thing I don't believe, however, is that you need money to win things. It's entirely possible to put together a quality group of players capable of competing, but it's simply a matter of keeping them together.

Anyway, I'm bored of watching United win undeserved titles, so I hope City or Arsenal can win this one and a few more teams can compete strongly next season.

you need money to buy the best youth talent, you need money to buy the best managers, but most importantly having got them you need money to keep hold of the best players and managers.

money has always been spent to get the best. arsenal did it when the bought the great herbert chapman and ten of his huddersfield team.

since the first ball was kicked between two organised opposing teams benefactors have spent their money to give their team an advantage. instead of the local businessman it moved to multi nationals like at psv eindhoven and now are becoming owned by billionaires or by sovereign wealth funds.

its called evolution

I posted on the post match thread that I was walking back to the car with 3 gooners on Saturday. Anyway it all started very friendly etc until one of the tits decided to try to use the stick. "Well it really is easy to blow teams away when you spend money like you have".
I was a little taken aback by this but anyway my 13 yr old lad,yes 13 responded like a caged tiger..."you what,so have Arsenal never spent any money on players to the level we have? Ozil cost you 42 million-the most expensive player on the pitch today".. I said leave it son,it aint worth it now being only 13 he won't remember the heighty days of Arsenals trophies-Saying that it has been that fucking long even I am starting to struggle..I decided to chip in with "It's really ironic that you mention the spending because were the following players brought through your yth academy or was it the fact the cosy cartel was spending all the sky money when little old city were in div 2 etc..Ian Wright,Dennis Bergkamp, Thierry Henry,Robert Pires,Manu Petit,David Seamen,Patrick Vieira,Andre Arshavin,Jose Antonio Reyes,Sylvain Wiltord,Hleb" etc etc....."
They just responded with "Well it was earnt money" to which I responded with "Yeah from Sky and you mugs getting ripped off wih your season ticket prces year in year out-have safe trip home"

Seriously the most bitter cunts in the word.

Re: Success bought not earnt

jrb said:
johnmc said:
jrb said:
I'm 100% sure City could sign similar deals if they wanted to, but as a club we are very careful who we sign sponsorship deals with.

The Glazers debts are forcing the United to sign as many sponsorship deals as possible, regardless of the products.

In essence, they have whored Manchester United around the World.

Come of it. If a company said to us here's £1m a year to say you are our official tyre partner and a background check said its an above board company we would turn it down? Fact is there aren't many tyre companies who would sign up to this but the rags have found one. If we found one we would take their money as its money for old rope.

Do you honestly think for 1 second City would sign a sponsorship deal with.......

article-2269599-173B7109000005DC-119_634x351.jpg

From the OS.

MIBbtCE.jpg

No doubt there are posters on here who know what is going on behind the scenes. I don't, but I have a very good idea that some very big sponsorship deals are in the pipeline with blue chip companies, rather than the likes of Mr Potato, etc.

City don't won't to be associated with those kind of sponsors. They want quality sponsors that will enhance the reputation of the club. Money isn't an issue at City. It's all about the right brand and image.

Yet we are associated with viagogo which is disappointing

johnmc said:
jrb said:
johnmc said:
Come of it. If a company said to us here's £1m a year to say you are our official tyre partner and a background check said its an above board company we would turn it down? Fact is there aren't many tyre companies who would sign up to this but the rags have found one. If we found one we would take their money as its money for old rope.

Do you honestly think for 1 second City would sign a sponsorship deal with.......

article-2269599-173B7109000005DC-119_634x351.jpg

From the OS.

MIBbtCE.jpg

No doubt there are posters on here who know what is going on behind the scenes. I don't, but I have a very good idea that some very big sponsorship deals are in the pipeline with blue chip companies, rather than the likes of Mr Potato, etc.

City don't won't to be associated with those kind of sponsors. They want quality sponsors that will enhance the reputation of the club. Money isn't an issue at City. It's all about the right brand and image.

Think you are wrong there pal. There is an advert for a Chinese or Japanese cola that we have been involved in that's very similar to the above.

Why not anyway. If we can use our brand to maximise our income we would be stupid not to in my opinion.

Would you think less of the club if they sent Sergio for a half hour photo shoot to appear on crisps in china if it meant £1m in our coffers? Who wins here?

Only if the chips were really down

jrb said:
Skashion said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Here's everything you need:

1) In 1931 they were saved from going out of business by a wealthy local man called James Gibson. He not only recruited Busby but paid for Old Trafford to be rebuilt after the war out of his own pocket.

2) In 1981 they, along with Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal & Spurs blackmailed the Football League into stopping the sharing of gate receipts with visiting clubs, by threatening to set-up a breakaway league.

3) In 1992, the same clubs stuck two fingers up at the Football League by negotiating the set-up of the Premier League. That meant all TV money went to the PL rather than the 50% they previously got, with the rest being shared across the other three divisions.

4) As a founder member of the G14, they were involved in forcing UEFA to pay them for players on international duty, which obviously benefitted the big clubs. Once again, using a tactic from 1981, they threatened a breakaway European Super League.

5) The G14 pushed for more and more money from UEFA for the Champions League, including the infamous second group stage. This was to ensure that the big clubs got more gate receipts from guaranteed games. The TV companies however got them to drop it as it was a tV turn-off.

6) They've forced up ticket prices well beyond the rate of inflation. They now pull in about £4m per game, far more than anyone else (bar Arsenal)

7) They've prostituted themselves to every company possible, particularly in the Far East, who'll pay them a few million quid. They have an "Official Noodle Partner" and an "Official Savoury Snacks Partner" (to name but two) who are companies no one in Gorse Hill has ever heard of.

8) Their "Official Airline Partner" doesn't fly into or out of Manchester.
Additionally, in 1902 with the club on the verge of bankruptcy and having already been served a winding up order, a wealthy businessman by the name of John Henry Davies and three other investors saved the club. Undoubtedly his wealth paid a part in being able to buy the majority of our 1904 FA Cup winning side (the side that won the rags their first titles), who ironically had to be sold after it was exposed that we'd overpaid players beyond the FA sanctioned £4 per week maximum. John Henry Davies then funded the construction of Old Trafford, which cost a staggering amount of money at the time.

Since that list was published in January of this year, I think they've added another 10-15 sponsors. They must have between 45-50 sponsors ATM.

Not to mention selling 10% of the club on the NYSE. And listing the club/company in the Cayman Islands.

And their fans accuse our club of selling it's soul.(get to f***!)

ofBe8iH.jpg

eewtpD0.jpg

vlJBN1Z.jpg

I'll keep this as a reminder Never to use or purchase any of these items

twunts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.