the money stick we get beaten by

jrb said:
Yet Arsenal were more than happy to take our money for 3 Arsenal players we signed.

If they're a club steeped in football morality, why didn't they tell City to keep their money?

Four mate, Clichy, Nasri, Adebayor and Kolo.

But yep, they are hypocrites of the highest order.

Re: Success bought not earnt

Official soft drink partner: Wahaha.

That's the noise I make when I look at the league table.

Just remind the c*nuts what despicable owners they have.

Bilboblue said:
jrb said:
Yet Arsenal were more than happy to take our money for 3 Arsenal players we signed.

If they're a club steeped in football morality, why didn't they tell City to keep their money?

I forgot about Ade. Did he ever do anything for us? ;-)

(is that Micky Flanagan with the long black hair?)

fanscity.gif

Micky-Flanagan.jpg

johnmc said:
jrb said:
johnmc said:
Come of it. If a company said to us here's £1m a year to say you are our official tyre partner and a background check said its an above board company we would turn it down? Fact is there aren't many tyre companies who would sign up to this but the rags have found one. If we found one we would take their money as its money for old rope.

Do you honestly think for 1 second City would sign a sponsorship deal with.......

article-2269599-173B7109000005DC-119_634x351.jpg

From the OS.

MIBbtCE.jpg

No doubt there are posters on here who know what is going on behind the scenes. I don't, but I have a very good idea that some very big sponsorship deals are in the pipeline with blue chip companies, rather than the likes of Mr Potato, etc.

City don't won't to be associated with those kind of sponsors. They want quality sponsors that will enhance the reputation of the club. Money isn't an issue at City. It's all about the right brand and image.

Think you are wrong there pal. There is an advert for a Chinese or Japanese cola that we have been involved in that's very similar to the above.

Why not anyway. If we can use our brand to maximise our income we would be stupid not to in my opinion.

Would you think less of the club if they sent Sergio for a half hour photo shoot to appear on crisps in china if it meant £1m in our coffers? Who wins here?

Est Cola from Thailand I seem to recall.

Also a deal with Daihatsu.

jrb said:
Bilboblue said:
jrb said:

I forgot about Ade. Did he ever do anything for us? ;-)

(is that Micky Flanagan with the long black hair?)

fanscity.gif

Micky-Flanagan.jpg

That really does look like him, maybe someone needs to ask him the question !

Marvin said:
Ray78 said:
How much did they spend before they won their first title?
Don't know, but I reckon if you compared Ferguson's transfer spending in current terms to ours it would be similar if not more

They hold the record for the no. of times a club has broken the British Transfer record, and when Ferguson did that in his early days he was spending £2.2m on Garry Pallister etc so you can't measure the figures in absolute terms. You have to allow for transfer inflation.

I guess that is the case and you cannot get a completely accurate comparison but still they did splash the cash like we had to do.

Ray78 said:
Marvin said:
Ray78 said:
Don't know, but I reckon if you compared Ferguson's transfer spending in current terms to ours it would be similar if not more

They hold the record for the no. of times a club has broken the British Transfer record, and when Ferguson did that in his early days he was spending £2.2m on Garry Pallister etc so you can't measure the figures in absolute terms. You have to allow for transfer inflation.

I guess that is the case and you cannot get a completely accurate comparison but still they did splash the cash like we had to do.

The rags did more to inflate players values than any other club. That's my opinion. If they wanted a player that the other club did not want to sell they would keep increasing their bid until it was agreed.

Ray78 said:
Marvin said:
Ray78 said:

you can, just compare it to what the other clubs in the league were spending then and now, lots of work, but I'm sure someone sad like ed(case) the ffp expert has done the leg work already, you know how to use google.

Bilboblue said:
johnmc said:
jrb said:
Do you honestly think for 1 second City would sign a sponsorship deal with.......

article-2269599-173B7109000005DC-119_634x351.jpg

From the OS.

MIBbtCE.jpg

No doubt there are posters on here who know what is going on behind the scenes. I don't, but I have a very good idea that some very big sponsorship deals are in the pipeline with blue chip companies, rather than the likes of Mr Potato, etc.

City don't won't to be associated with those kind of sponsors. They want quality sponsors that will enhance the reputation of the club. Money isn't an issue at City. It's all about the right brand and image.

Think you are wrong there pal. There is an advert for a Chinese or Japanese cola that we have been involved in that's very similar to the above.

Why not anyway. If we can use our brand to maximise our income we would be stupid not to in my opinion.

Would you think less of the club if they sent Sergio for a half hour photo shoot to appear on crisps in china if it meant £1m in our coffers? Who wins here?

Est Cola from Thailand I seem to recall.

Also a deal with Daihatsu.

So we have one drinks sponsor and one car sponsor. And neither appear on that OS list. And let's be honest, it's hardly comparable with United's OS list.

As I've stated, and I stand by this. If City wanted more sponsors they could have easily signed them. Not only from the far east, but from the middle east as well. Tom Glick could have signed up numerous sponsors by now, but the club won't sign low profile, quick deal sponsors, en masse.

I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.