the money stick we get beaten by

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Pigeonho said:
Chelsea get it some 11 years on. It's nothing to remotely care about at the end of the day.

But they don't though, do they, or at least to nowhere near the same snidey extent. We get little put downs all the time; Chelsea don't.
Neil Ashton on Talkshite on the subject of Hugo Lloris's error that led to our opening goal against Spurs for example.
".......and you can't make mistakes like that against a team of City's (....?....) ...Flair? Ability? Ruthlessness? No, the missing word was "resources". You think he'd have said that if Rooney had scored after 15 seconds, or Ozil?
And I also think you're quite wrong on the subject of it "not mattering". A lone dig from a sad bitter hack like Ashton might constitute a whole heap of nothing in isolation, but put the remark with all the others from Ladyboy, Custis, Howard, Ogden, Barclay, Herbert etc etc, the loaded questions at press conferences, the shit stirring about having no English players, the sniping from Tyler, ikkle Mickey & Co on match days, Sky Sports News' spiteful little squad price comparison charts every time we play in Europe and so on and so on, and it has to have an effect on our marketability. We are trying to build up a global fan base and attract sponsors. You could argue that we're doing a good job of it, although the empty seats at every home game tell me we've still got room for improvement, but the reality is that we've no way of telling how much better we might be doing if we'd received the positive coverage our football has deserved the last 4 years. Common sense tells me that if you're relentlessly portrayed as nouveau riche arrivistes, who know the price of everything and the value of nothing, most people will eventually buy into those lies. How does that "not matter?"
And who are you worried about buying into those lies? Players? Potential fans?

You can't come from relegation scraps and relative obscurity, to buying players for upwards of 30m, paying high wages and winning titles as a result of that expenditure without attracting comments like those you are so offended by. If Newcastle had been taken over instead of us, they would be getting the same comments, probably by many on here too when they gave us yet another spanking with their expensively assembled squad. It's just the way it is, but 2 FA cup finals, won of which we won, a league title and some of the best players in the world playing for us suggests such comments aren't really doing any kind of damage whatsoever.

I ignore the written press but i am sick of hearing it during the matches
Twice yesterday owen said fern was 30million,i didn't hear how much Ozil cost despite him being the most expensive player on the pitch and him having a rubbish game It is lazy and predictable

karen7 said:
Twice yesterday owen said fern was 30million,i didn't hear how much Ozil cost despite him being the most expensive player on the pitch and him having a rubbish game It is lazy and predictable
What were you listening to? Because during the game they did mention ozils cost - and got it wrong with the inflated price of 50m

Pigeonho said:
karen7 said:
What were you listening to? Because during the game they did mention ozils cost - and got it wrong with the inflated price of 50m

I didnt hear it but if you say so

Pigeonho said:
karen7 said:

I was listening when he said Fernandinho had been poor so far this season and that he'd watched a lot of City. Where if he'd actually watched City he'd know Fernandinho had been better than Yaya for the last 2 months.

karen7 said:
Pigeonho said:
karen7 said:

I didnt hear it but if you say so
Spend big and it will get talked about. Bale was described after one of his goals last week as the 88m pound man.

jrb said:
Yet Arsenal have just spent £40mill on Ozil and their fans we're screaming at the Board to spend some money last season and this season.

Once again we had the hand-money gestures in the away end yesterday.

"Look you t***, you cost us £40 million!" * How the f*** are we supposed to take the piss out of City and their spending anymore?"

59495.3.jpg

"we are German!, we are supposed to be cutting edge on all things fiscal..how the fuck do we explain £25M for Silva and £42 point 4 fucking million for you?? he scores and his team get six, you dont even turn up,fucking fraud!"

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
Pigeonho said:
karen7 said:

I was listening when he said Fernandinho had been poor so far this season and that he'd watched a lot of City. Where if he'd actually watched City he'd know Fernandinho had been better than Yaya for the last 2 months.
Which is why we all know Owen is a know nothing twat of a pundit, which nobody is disagreeing with.

Pigeonho said:
Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
Pigeonho said:

Which is why we all know Owen is a know nothing twat of a pundit, which nobody is disagreeing with.

With a monotone voice to boot, he's top of my shit list at the moment, makes Mick McCarthy sound like a poet laureate.

I'm sure I heard Matt le tiss say on sss news last week, that southampton have spent nearly 90 mill on players, so they should be playing well, could be wrong mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.