The most boring or random meeting of a City player

Was on a stag do in the isle of man and bumped into vonk and david white,i had some sort of city card in my wallet i showed it to vonk who took it out of my hand and pretended to chuck it........thats when my mate(who is also a blue)gave him a right load of abuse on how he should respect the people who paid his wages...and also told him his nose was a bit on the large size......we later found out that they were on a shef utd team building trip!!!

Totally forgot, Brian Horton in a Chinese in Cheadle about four years ago, maybe a little more. I think he was manager at Macc at the time. He was with his wife and probably not too pleased about having a table of drunken louts next to him, but fair play to him he was chatty and smiling a lot. Still holds fond memories of the club I think.

I met Joey Barton of all people on a night out in Manchester. I was in Lucid, (before it became pure but equally as bad ) and City had played that day, anyway I asked Joey if he wanted a drink after his performance and he said don't be daft and bought me one, always thought he was all right after that.

I also met Mark Wards brother in a restaurant in Jersey, i was about 9 when Ward was playing for city and going on and on about him to my dad when this bloke tapped me and said " he's rubbish im well better than him,it was Wards brother he was dead sound, pity about Mark Ward!

Me and my dad saw Shaun Goater waiting in the car for his missus outside Blockbuster in Altrincham years ago. We gave him the thumbs up and he wound his window down and said hello and shook our hands. True gent.

Saw MVF at the bowling alley in Didsbury. Massive trainers.

The most recent spotting was after the defeat at Villa this season. Ended up at Relish in Manchester (not a nightclub I frequent, I must add) and while having a cig outside a familiar looking bloke drunkenly staggered past me. It was none other than Mark Kennedy!

I started shouting "Super Mark Kennedy" at him and he was lapping it up. I reckon he must've felt like Maradona.

I met Niall Quinn, Steve Lomas and Nicky Summerbee during the close season in 1996 at some City open day thing they put on at Maine Road - thought it was fookin top at the time, had a natter with em about how shit it was being relegated and all that, and got all three signatures on this shit t-shirt I'd just bought in town & had with me at the time - still got it now, and never wore it coz I loved Niall Quinn n didn't want the signatures to come off!

Me n my mate got to take it it turns to score a goal and try and save one in the ground too - took some grass from the centre circle - was an ace day out. Also, they'd just painted the railings and I leaned against em and got sky blue paint stripes allover my jeans - I hung onto them jeans for ages!

Anyway, next day we sold Quinn to Sunderland, and I remember thinking he must have known about it when we were talking to him, but he never let on or owt.

I also met Macken in a bar near Deansgate in town once (can't remember for the life of me what it was called) at around the time of that amazing 4-3 FA Cup comeback against Spurs - I remember telling him he was ace, so I must have been proper leathered!

That's my lot!

i asked anelka for a pic once and he just egnored me an pushed past me to get to his car the moaning bastard

the car park attendant (city car park) made him get out an get a pic

Sold the Goat's missus a jumper when i worked in Reiss in the Trafford Centre, met the Goat himself the week after and met Gerard Wiekens in the Trafford Centre eating a sarnie

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.