The most inconspicuous City player ever?

big blueballs said:
Dyed Petya said:
How about Bill Williams? Defender we bought from Stockport for about GBP 50K in the late eighties when we were in the Second Division. Played one game as a sub and then we sold him back to County for about half that a few weeks later.
forgot abut this one this deal was done to help county out when they needed cash
williams was part time at county due to having his own painting and decorating business and he never packed the day job in while at city, so was a dodgy deal from the outset

Has to be Williams. Looking back that was a truly bizarre deal, it was as though it was purely done to bail County out. Pity some of their fans don't recall this when slating City now.

A Blue said:
solley attwell said:
was it djamel belmadi

Top corner, left him standing. Well done.
Wasn't Barry Silkman the new Pele ? Never heard of since, bet he's a pauper.
he runs his own football agency does barry silkman always getting in the shit with fa ?

disley blue boy said:
barry conlon ,,,,,peter bodak......chris greenacre....paul beesley....duncan davidson....gordon daziel......ken mcnaught... peter beardsley......kavashvili...tony cunningham....geoff lomax....martin phillips .garry buckley....billy telford......the most inconspicuous i recent history must go to a guy called mick lester who was signed from oldham in 1973 and replaced mike doyle for the home game to arsenal ,,,he was never seen again until sep 1976 as sub away to juventus ,,then he vanished for ever to that great grave yard of footballers tha nasl.,,,to be fair to geoff lomax i did bump into him at my mates40th last year ,i forgot that he had married to my friends family.i hadn,t seen him for years , ithink he went to rochdale then worked for the fa in coaching ..decent guy to have a conversation with about the billy mcneil area.

went to school with Gary Buckley(salford lad)what a game v Spurs and Liverpool away SF in 81 when Bond took over.Think he had a spat with Bond saying what have you won,never picked again.Still see him on the Heights in Salford having a drink.

batman09 said:
id say george weah

I mentioned him before and still think its a good shout, but those who say Chris Greenacre, didnt he come through our academy, and, if so, we can name hundreds of players, Danny Allsopp didnt do anything for us, nor Stephen Elliott, Chris Killen or BWP

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.