The National Anthem At Wembley

sweynforkbeard said:
i kne albert davy said:
Is Britannia not depicted as a Woman doe's your point not fall down a bit there, seems a bit non pc as well.

Britannia is a mere fictional character and I always imagine her as a warlike Amazon with one breast bared handling a trident and her long limbs clad in a lustrous silken sheen. As for my point falling down my doctor says this is a temporary age related condition and nothing to worry about. I am right to be non PC about Britannia as she has never been pictured in a uniform of His Majesty's Constabulary with her blouse mostly unbuttoned, her hair tousled and her nostrils flaring as she provocatively wields a thrusting truncheon.
Lol very good she was never bare breasted on my pennies might have kept em longer if she was, as for your er cough other problem it was good enough for Pele don't be to worried it effects 1 in 10 men over 50 so just think of yourself as special.

I will be singing god save our queen loud and proud, hand on heart. I love our national anthem.

Doing the poznan during the anthem will be nothing more than a huge embarassment for the club.

If you don't want to sing the anthem then just stand there in silence for 60 seconds, not difficult

Respect anyone who choses not to sing it but to turn your back en mass is just plain stupid.<br /><br />-- Tue May 03, 2011 2:42 pm --<br /><br />Respect anyone who choses not to sing it but to turn your back en mass is just plain stupid.

Berkovic_blue said:
If you don't want to sing the anthem then just stand there in silence for 60 seconds, not difficult

Which is what I'll be doing, I've no time for the monarchy. The national anthem should be about the country not one person.

i kne albert davy said:
danburge82 said:
Is that officially our NA? Because i didn't know that! I honestly thought England didn't have a NA!
No your right England has no national anthem as God save the Queen is the Nation Anthem of the United Kingdom and as such England requires no Anthem Land of Hope and Glory is a proposed Anthem for England surprises me you've never heard of it we must up grade our history education system.

Of course I know of Land Of Hope And Glory! I just didn't know, as someone else suggested, it was England's national anthem as I thought I knew that we didn't have a national anthem. As it turns out, I was right to think that - England does not have a national anthem!

lancs blue said:
Berkovic_blue said:

Which is what I'll be doing, I've no time for the monarchy. The national anthem should be about the country not one person.

Yeah but a song about fish and chips and fight outside nightclubs would be pretty embarrasing

i kne albert davy said:

Britannia is a mere fictional character and I always imagine her as a warlike Amazon with one breast bared handling a trident and her long limbs clad in a lustrous silken sheen. As for my point falling down my doctor says this is a temporary age related condition and nothing to worry about. I am right to be non PC about Britannia as she has never been pictured in a uniform of His Majesty's Constabulary with her blouse mostly unbuttoned, her hair tousled and her nostrils flaring as she provocatively wields a thrusting truncheon.
Lol very good she was never bare breasted on my pennies might have kept em longer if she was, as for your er cough other problem it was good enough for Pele don't be to worried it effects 1 in 10 men over 50 so just think of yourself as special.

If it's Boudica you're talking about, she is not a fictional character!

In fact, on Channel 4 (Channel 140 on Sky) on Wednesday 5th May, there is a Time Team special programme all about her!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.