The National Anthem At Wembley

sweynforkbeard said:
jonmcity said:
Britannia is a women. Doe!

.....a deer, a female deer
Ray, a drop of golden sun...all together now..
Me, a name I call myself la la la la
Fa fa la de da
Sew cook and clean ladies
But do not rule or reign

But Britannia is a mythical embodiment of our glorious land not our head of state to which I strongly feel women are not suited to be.

or as Dice Clay puts it

Doe, a deer, a female deer.
Ray, the guy that fucked her ass

Berkovic_blue said:
Doing the poznan during the anthem will be nothing more than a huge embarassment for the club.

If you don't want to sing the anthem then just stand there in silence for 60 seconds, not difficult

Exactly. ALL National anthems should be respected no matter what the circumstances. This debate is for Scotsmen only I suspect............small minded.<br /><br />-- Wed May 04, 2011 10:42 am --<br /><br />
Ricster said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Yeah, it is because you're scattish. Its the English National Stadium. Its two English based sides playing. Its a Royal event. I will be singing the national anthem as its part and parcel of the day- you, of course needn't, bloody misery - but it is,afterall, celebrating YOUR Queen.......................(wait for it).

Ahh, so now GSTQ is now the English national anthem? Thanks for that, but your wrong. Im not anti English, i actually follow England and Scotland, but if they ever play against each other im obviously very patriotic.

So, you'll be singing it then? And your point was what exactly? (you're NOT your - that's English).

Who's players never sing it whilst playing for England?, who's fans never sing it instead prefer to mock their own country?, yes them of course so naturally i would want to be the complete opposite apart from winning trophies.

I dislike nationalism. Especially not a fan of royalty.

I haven't and wont sing the national anthem but if people are intent on asserting otherwise I will happily stand in silence.

"Nationalism is a disease." - Albert Einstein

SkyBlueFlux said:

I haven't and wont sing the national anthem but if people are intent on asserting otherwise I will happily stand in silence.

Well if old Albert says we must all fall into line then

i kne albert davy said:
SkyBlueFlux said:

Well I can give you plenty more examples of people who think like me, but I wouldn't want to sound like a broken record ;)

Plus Albert has an undeniably good track record when it comes to being a logical person. Anyway here's another one from a Spanish-American philosopher who's less well known.

"To me, it seems a dreadful indignity to have a soul controlled by geography." - George Santayana

SkyBlueFlux said:
i kne albert davy said:

Well I can give you plenty more examples of people who think like me, but I wouldn't want to sound like a broken record ;)

Plus Albert has an undeniably good track record when it comes to being a logical person. Anyway here's another one from a Spanish-American philosopher who's less well known.

"To me, it seems a dreadful indignity to have a soul controlled by geography." - George Santayana
Nationalism has brought the best and worst out of people its what you make of it my friend if you don't feeling able to sing your countries national anthem fair enough just keep quiet for a minute.

de niro said:
Ricster said:
Its boring, and thats not because i'm Scottish, its just a drone of noise.

So are we serious?
Do we really want to give the media something factual? Rather than their usual made up bollocks.
We're hated for no reason, should we give them that reason? City, a full 1 and a half hour slagging on the folllowing days Sunday Supplement.

25,000, pissed up Blues singing loud and proud, backs to the pitch, arms around each other, you've guessed it, doing the Poznan.

Lets spice up the national anthem and give them a pre match anthem that will never be forgotten. We'll give them HISTORY!

and if we are proud to be english, proud of our royal family, proud of our country and its standing on the world stage and proud of our wonderful club?

i for one will be singing it.
Proud to be English, proud of our country, not proud of a set of upper class in breds whose head of household, whilst supposedly representing the whole of our country, doesn't particularly like Manchester.

Fuck em.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.