The new Manics album

'kin hell! I only ordered the deluxe album late yesterday morning. Its just dropped through my letter box. Signed and everything. lovely!!! Artwork is great! Hand typed lyrics and the images that Richey intended the songs to sound in the spirit of.

TMQ your going to love the second disc! However im not sure I like Wire singing marlon JD and she bathed herself in a bath of bleach.

svennis pennis said:
'kin hell! I only ordered the deluxe album late yesterday morning. Its just dropped through my letter box. Signed and everything. lovely!!! Artwork is great! Hand typed lyrics and the images that Richey intended the songs to sound in the spirit of.

TMQ your going to love the second disc! However im not sure I like Wire singing marlon JD and she bathed herself in a bath of bleach.

Got mine this morning too, going to give the demos a listen tonight, probably a lot cheerier than watching fucking City!

There's a half hour programme about them on C4 later tonight, I'll be watching it on 4od later as it's on at midnight ish.

svennis pennis said:
maxflicity said:
svennis pennis said:
I still own white drainpipes!

Could never bring myself to wear eyeliner though!

Whats everyones favorite manics song if you have to pick one? Mine is Mausoleum.

Mine is FASTER

I still have teh scars from the mosh pit at various manics gigs but being fat and bald i would look silly in skiny white jeans and eyeliner

Ah good choice.

What do you think of Everything Must Go?

I have to say I like everything must go big time I remember being at the academy forthrre first Manx gig back and those songs didn't seem out of place to me

I know its a fine album and some people rate it as the best manics album, but for me its not a patch on Generation Terrorists, The Holy Bible and now, journal for the plague lovers. It just sounds to brit pop for me in comparison to the other albums mentioned. I cant listen to Australia ever again.

TMQ have you watched the channel 4 program yet? I watched it last night. Pretty insightful. I cant help but think Wire is still really uncomfortable with this record. Really uncomfortable. There seems to be a part of him that is slightly envious at how Richeys lyrics have re-energized James? What do you think?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.