The new Manics album

So TMQ (and others) What bands did you get into after the Manics started to go down hill and it all got a bit ladish(ie when Richey went missing)? For me it was Mansun,Suede and Kenickie(I even once had a bit of a snog with Laverne!) I know i'm gonna get some stick for this but Oasis(and some of their fans) always seemed a bit too thick for me.

pinkwheeltrim said:
So TMQ (and others) What bands did you get into after the Manics started to go down hill and it all got a bit ladish(ie when Ritchey went missing)? For me it was Mansun,Suede and Kenickie(I even once had a bit of a snog with Laverne!) I know i'm gonna get some stick for this but Oasis(and some of their fans) always seemed a bit too thick for me.

i've only discovered Mansun recently, but bloody hell, what a band they were.

TheMightyQuinn said:
I've only heard good things about The Horrors album too, I'm probably biased against them due to their image and minor celebrity but I may give the album a quick listen just to be fair.

Jesus, Mikey you do have some rare shit in your collection if you have the Feminine is beautiful 7"!!!

I once saw Suicide Alley 7" for sale in a record shop in Cardiff, fully signed...£750!

My collection is pretty complete aside from the ultra rare stuff, I've got all the singles on CD, most on vinyl or cassette too depending if it was issued or not. I have a promo copy or imported copy of every single too. All the albums obviously, along with promos, signed copies, ltd versions etc.

Not sure what the rarest thing I have is really, I've got Motown Junk CD signed by James and also a promo 12" of Heavenly You Love us with press pack and all the rest. A few years back I had the make up boxes they did as promo items too but I gave them to my ex/she stole them depending on who you believe lol

got some good stuff there TMQ, those make up boxes are ultra rare. got quoted £75 for the 'stay beautiful' one a few years back. i got the 'you love us' one off some geezer in glasgow who had fell out of love with the band post richey.

where do you get your japanese cds from by the way? tokyomusicjapan is a site i used back in the day - run by a newcastle fan called ben whos also a manics fan and a sound bloke to deal with.got quite a bit of japanese promo items from him in my time.

Loved their stuff up until the past 3, then lost interest. They were my fave band for a few years.

After reading this I am gonna get the new one, I am excited about your comments!

mikeyboy said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
I've only heard good things about The Horrors album too, I'm probably biased against them due to their image and minor celebrity but I may give the album a quick listen just to be fair.

Jesus, Mikey you do have some rare shit in your collection if you have the Feminine is beautiful 7"!!!

I once saw Suicide Alley 7" for sale in a record shop in Cardiff, fully signed...£750!

My collection is pretty complete aside from the ultra rare stuff, I've got all the singles on CD, most on vinyl or cassette too depending if it was issued or not. I have a promo copy or imported copy of every single too. All the albums obviously, along with promos, signed copies, ltd versions etc.

Not sure what the rarest thing I have is really, I've got Motown Junk CD signed by James and also a promo 12" of Heavenly You Love us with press pack and all the rest. A few years back I had the make up boxes they did as promo items too but I gave them to my ex/she stole them depending on who you believe lol

got some good stuff there TMQ, those make up boxes are ultra rare. got quoted £75 for the 'stay beautiful' one a few years back. i got the 'you love us' one off some geezer in glasgow who had fell out of love with the band post richey.

where do you get your japanese cds from by the way? tokyomusicjapan is a site i used back in the day - run by a newcastle fan called ben whos also a manics fan and a sound bloke to deal with.got quite a bit of japanese promo items from him in my time.

CDjapan I think it's called, is where I get Japanese albums from. Reasonably priced and very quick delivery.

Yeah the make up boxes were really cool gutted I don't have them anymore. Don't think I have any japanese promos, I've got a German promo of the rerecorded Motorcycle Emtpiness somewhere though :)

Aicky said:
Where's the hidden track someone mentioned?

once the last track has finnished, it keeps playing silence for about 5 minutes then it comes on. crackin solo in it

jakeplattinblue said:
Aicky said:
Where's the hidden track someone mentioned?

once the last track has finnished, it keeps playing silence for about 5 minutes then it comes on. crackin solo in it

Unless you got the deluxe version in which case, ironically, you don't get it!

Oh, Mansun, love them too yeah...big fan.

Mansun are a good band ... Sorry mean where a good band for evidence try kleptomania the lost album and other goodies it's good stuff. New manics is top notch forget all the shite in the press it's awesome

maxflicity said:
Mansun are a good band ... Sorry mean where a good band for evidence try kleptomania the lost album and other goodies it's good stuff. New manics is top notch forget all the shite in the press it's awesome

What shite? I've only read 4/5 star reviews and 8/10 so far?

Kleptomania is class but Six is close to mental genius!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.