The new Manics album

svennis pennis said:
maxflicity said:
I hope all you gentlemen who have blagged this from some dodgy internet site will buy the proper album!!!

If its as good as the press and posters on here seem to say it is, I for 1 cant wait.

Yeh we all have mate. Deluxe edition!

Its sad I know but I have all the deluxe copies of the previous albums.

maxflicity said:
svennis pennis said:
maxflicity said:
I hope all you gentlemen who have blagged this from some dodgy internet site will buy the proper album!!!

If its as good as the press and posters on here seem to say it is, I for 1 cant wait.

Yeh we all have mate. Deluxe edition!

Its sad I know but I have all the deluxe copies of the previous albums.

You getting the signed edition?

Im not really into a lot of the stuff post Everything must go so for me, I only own 4 albums, and then the new one.

TheMightyQuinn said:
mikeyboy said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Lol sad boy alert but I've seen them live 38times since 1997...be gentle with me!

finally found someone as sad as me, i've seen them 24 times. they are one of those iconic bands though, when you get into them, you just got to let them take you over.

So true, at one point I had no life outside of them at all.

Did you own white jeans too then? ;)
Ha ha,I owned white jeans,and I used to slap on the eyeliner too!! Got chased by morons a few times but I didn't care.They ment sooo much to me back then,I sometimes miss that feeling of a band being your whole life.

I still own white drainpipes!

Could never bring myself to wear eyeliner though!

Whats everyones favorite manics song if you have to pick one? Mine is Mausoleum.

svennis pennis said:

Whats everyones favorite manics song if you have to pick one? Mine is Mausoleum.

Mine is FASTER

I still have teh scars from the mosh pit at various manics gigs but being fat and bald i would look silly in skiny white jeans and eyeliner

maxflicity said:
svennis pennis said:

Mine is FASTER

I still have teh scars from the mosh pit at various manics gigs but being fat and bald i would look silly in skiny white jeans and eyeliner

Ah good choice.

What do you think of Everything Must Go?

I know its a fine album and some people rate it as the best manics album, but for me its not a patch on Generation Terrorists, The Holy Bible and now, journal for the plague lovers. It just sounds to brit pop for me in comparison to the other albums mentioned. I cant listen to Australia ever again.

tough to pick one manics song above all the other but at a push it would have to be motorcycle emptiness.
design for life, yes, faster, little baby nothing, 4st 7lbs... all classics to name but a few.

the most important band in my life.

how did you all get into them in the first place?

first time i saw them was the video to loves sweet exile in 1991 on a 3am itv heavy metal show, been into them in a big way ever since then.

TheMightyQuinn said:
I was shocked by how good it is.

I've been a fan since being stupidly young and whilst I rate all their albums I can totally understand peoples misgivings towards a number of them.

I was against the idea of this album as I didnt think they could pull it off and it'd be tacky and tarnish their reputation for not exploiting the 'Richey situation' but I was very wrong. The great lyrics have forced them to be hungry again and do their mate justice.

not been a fan long then ?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hMqpR9AogI&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Efhm%2Ecom%2Freviews%2Fmusic%2Fmanic%2Dstreet%2Dpreachers%2Dterrorise%2Dtop%2Dof%2Dthe%2Dpops%2D20081126&feature=player_embedded" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hMqpR9A ... r_embedded</a>

Still brilliant, even now. Thats what got me interested in them. Granted i saw it a few years after.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.