The new Manics album

TheMightyQuinn said:
svennis pennis said:
Had this on repeat none stop. Best album I have heard in a very long time. Definite purchase on Monday.

Ive got no money but its brilliant. "The figure 8 inside out is infinity." Fucking brilliant lyrics.

I've played it loads for past 2 weeks, can't wait to get the album. On the official site they're doing signed versions of the deluxe edition which includes loads of artwork in the booklet and a disc of demos from the album that are apparently quite different. I've held off downloading the deluxe demos disc so as to not ruin Monday lol

same here just downloaded the actual album, so will have something new to listen to on monday. got my signed copy on order from last week, hopefully it will arrive on release day. just noticed the official site does still have very limited signed ones left. so be quick if anyone wants one.

anyway amazing album, and so good it's nearly up there with their best ever work. great to see a special band make another landmark album like this. to be honest this album has taken me right back to how i felt and got really obsessive about them circa 1994.

Gaudino said:
The cynic in me wonders why they have used Richie's lyrics now, during a 'slump' in their career sales and credibility wise...?
Have they only just come to light, or have they always had them?

Seen them do some great gigs over the years meself......anyone remember that show at The Apollo? Design For Life had just been released, and they were invited to do TOTP the same night, so delayed the start of the gig while they did it, and were flown up after it? They didn't hit the stage til nearly 10.30....and even on the Apollo's prices, everyone was really p*ssed by then......

that was one hell of a gig. everyone was absolutely pissed and super furry animals played an extra long support due to the manics late arrival

i too have acquired the new lp, thought send away the tigers was a return to form but this is definitely one of their best

digbytbiggestdogintworld said:
Gaudino said:
The cynic in me wonders why they have used Richie's lyrics now, during a 'slump' in their career sales and credibility wise...?

Seen them do some great gigs over the years meself......anyone remember that show at The Apollo? Design For Life had just been released, and they were invited to do TOTP the same night, so delayed the start of the gig while they did it, and were flown up after it? They didn't hit the stage til nearly 10.30....and even on the Apollo's prices, everyone was really p*ssed by then......

that was one hell of a gig. everyone was absolutely pissed and super furry animals played an extra long support due to the manics late arrival

i too have acquired the new lp, thought send away the tigers was a return to form but this is definitely one of their best

was also at that gig too, i reckon the manics are the most consistantly great live act i've seen.never seen em do an average gig never mind a bad one. that night was also the first time i'd heard of the stereophonics (they were on before SFA). this was when they had only released 1 single. there was a power failure during their set, so the drummer played a drum solo till the sound came back on!

mikeyboy said:
Gaudino said:

was also at that gig too, i reckon the manics are the most consistantly great live act i've seen.never seen em do an average gig never mind a bad one. that night was also the first time i'd heard of the stereophonics (they were on before SFA). this was when they had only released 1 single. there was a power failure during their set, so the drummer played a drum solo till the sound came back on!

drums solos are fundamentally wrong mate

i'm with you on them being consistantly brilliant live, seen them quite a few times, this was one of the better ones

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp9nuq9IdMo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp9nuq9IdMo</a>

I can't wait to get this album!! The Manics have had such a big effect on my life,been a fan for years!!
The Holy Bible is one of my all time favs so if this one is half as good(and from what youve all been saying,its better then that!) then I will be a very happy man indeed.!!!

By the way,I was sure I once saw Ritchey (in Skipton of all places!) a few months after he went missing.

pinkwheeltrim said:
I can't wait to get this album!! The Manics have had such a big effect on my life,been a fan for years!!
The Holy Bible is one of my all time favs so if this one is half as good(and from what youve all been saying,its better then that!) then I will be a very happy man indeed.!!!

By the way,I was sure I once saw Ritchey (in Skipton of all places!) a few months after he went missing.

It isnt better than Holy Bible, that would be impossible but in it's own way it's almost as good. Think Holy Bible meets Everything Must Go and you're half way there.

mikeyboy said:
Gaudino said:

drums solos are fundamentally wrong mate

i'm with you on them being consistantly brilliant live, seen them quite a few times, this was one of the better ones

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp9nuq9IdMo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp9nuq9IdMo</a>

this was them at their peak without a doubt, remember watching the channel 4 highlights of that glastonbury gig at the time. the gig at the academy on the holy bible tour just a few months later was the best i ever saw them. this was at the time just after Richey had left the priory.

i take what you say about drum solos, they are wrong except for neil peart that is. like i said yesterday i am a big Rush fan though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.