the news will get even better

Thanks for posting TH.

If we stand a chance of getting Torres then that would be an incredible signing for us on many levels.

However, as I posted in another thread yesterday, if we were to raid Liverpool for anyone, then personally Gerrard would be above Torres on that list.

We lack that midfield general to drive us on in big games and inspire the team, something we've seen Gerrard do time and time again for Liverpool.

I don't know if a move for Gerrard would be feasible, (or if a move for Torres is!) but personally I think this club needs Gerrard (or a Gerrard type player) more than Torres. But its up to Mancini and the board to identify who we need and acquire them.

I think we can all agree that we need to act as quickly as possible with all our transfer targets. We need the team that is going to start next season to have a full pre season to gel together so we can hit the ground running in August.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
M24-CRC said:
Tolmies Hairdoo

I've come to the conclusion that you either work within the walls of our place of worship or you frequent our press room on friday afternoons for an audience with the manager.

am I right ?

Neither - otherwise I would be there now, surely?

You 'DEFINITELY' work in the media... Don't deny it!!!! ;-)

levets said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Mate, I don't think trying to "out" posters is very cool. Tolmie obviously doesn't want to reveal who he is or what his job is, and we should respect that...

Years ago i would have loved Gerrard but lets face it, he's not getting any younger and i personnally think he's past his best. Think we need to be looking for younger talent.

levets said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

chill out fella...the guy has already said a few pages ago that he didnt want to reveal himself or his sources ;)

let the guy post and either believe it or don't believe it ;p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Fri May 07, 2010 12:45 pm --

Soulboy said:
BlueSniffer said:
All we need now is the same c*ck who got the Kaka tattoo to get a Torres one on the other side.

Who you calling a cock?

PMSL ;p

levets said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

This is getting a bit scary... are you stalking him?

Every time Tolmie posts, you're there two posts behind asking him who he is!

Just think of Tolmie as Batman or Superman... it's better no one knows his real identity!

BlueSniffer said:
Years ago i would have loved Gerrard but lets face it, he's not getting any younger and i personnally think he's past his best. Think we need to be looking for younger tallent.

We need someone to get us there now, he wouldn't be a signing for the long term but with his experience of the premiership and champions league etc, I just think he fits the bill. Once we're there we can get the younger talent and the next generation of Gerrard's, Torres' etc. But we need to get there first and I think Gerrard should be our top midfield target.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.