The next 007

Yes, Bond has no problems telling everyone his name, because his enemies don't know Bond from anyone else and to blend in he has to act like an everyman, and since making up a false identity was usually seen through, it made sense just to "fake" Bond's official background from time to time. Checking into hotels with his actual name is more covert or clandestine than having him "pretend" to be another everyman (hiding in plain sight).

Sometimes his enemies are aware that MI6 has sent a "007" to investigate their practices, but don't know the identity of who "007" is. "007" is meant as a codename for those "in the know" to be updated on the situation and whereabouts of said agent doing the spying, so having a James Bond is as relevant as John Smith; forgettable and irrelevant.

It's only when his enemies are able to equate that "That James Bond fellow; he IS 007!" that the shit hits the fan (in the books).

Thank you Mr Fleming nice try:-)

I've always wondered were the villains recruit their minions from. There were hundreds of them, in that volcano in You Only Live Twice.
Did Blofeld put an advert on the local job centre board?
"Wanted.
General dogs bodies needed.
Must be prepared to shoot people, or be blown up, themselves.
Boilersuit or tracksuit provided"

I've always wondered were the villains recruit their minions from. There were hundreds of them, in that volcano in You Only Live Twice.
Did Blofeld put an advert on the local job centre board?
"Wanted.
General dogs bodies needed.
Must be prepared to shoot people, or be blown up, themselves.
Boilersuit or tracksuit provided"
I’d apply if the money was good

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.