The next 007

Imo they're not really Bond movie's anymore, they've lost that magic, just run of the mill American action movies now.
Bond could be called whatever name.
I probably won't even go to see the next one, thought the last two were bobbins.
Yeah fair play, for me because they have become proper action movies, instead of the usual predictable stereotypical bond movie, has made it more interesting. I like the fact that you could change out the name and it would be still watchable as a stand alone movie. But I totally understand your point, bond should be bond I get it. For what it's worth, all bond films tend to date quite quickly, so I guess they should be judged as such.
It's interesting that you used the word magic.
Good films should invoke thought, imagination and enjoyment. You obviously get all this through watching bond films, as do I.
Through the years bond films have produced hundreds of fantastic cinematic moments that we all treasure. So for me, it's all irrelevant really.
Anyway, this thread is about the next bond, not the last one. I haven't a clue who it should be lol.
Take care mate

Imo they're not really Bond movie's anymore, they've lost that magic, just run of the mill American action movies now.
Bond could be called whatever name.
I probably won't even go to see the next one, thought the last two were bobbins.
I agree.
Craig's Bond is just a mirror image of the Jason Bourne franchise (God, I HATE that word). Cold, calculating, overly violent, with 100mph direction scenes. Added to this (imo) Craig has all the charisma of a toothbrush.

I've not been to the pictures to watch a Bond film, since Goldeneye, and that's a quarter of a Century ago. Brosnan (again, imo) was a bland actor, who Barbra Broccoli had set her heart on.

When this new one comes out (on the dodgy sticks), I'll do what I've done since the Millennium. Watch it, then never watch it again. They're that forgettable.

Bond is a man. By all means develop a whole new franchise based around a female spy. Make her different to Bond. She went to a comprehensive in the north, she drinks pints not martinis, maybe she even swings both ways. Not a female Bond,though.

There was always options with Bond that they probably could have used ie 007 and James Bond and is just an alias. When one gets killed or retires another takes the name and number aka doctor who. There could alternatively be a 001 002 etc I think Sean Bean was 006 in goldeneye for instance unless I have made that up. It opens up different races, sexes and even making some of them double agents etc..

Probably a bit late now.

There was always options with Bond that they probably could have used ie 007 and James Bond and is just an alias. When one gets killed or retires another takes the name and number aka doctor who. There could alternatively be a 001 002 etc I think Sean Bean was 006 in goldeneye for instance unless I have made that up. It opens up different races, sexes and even making some of them double agents etc..

Probably a bit late now.

An MI6 agent that has liscence to kill is given an 00 number bond recieved his after his first mission to assassinate a target.

Bond shared an office in the novels with 008 and 0011

Once dead or retired that 00 number can be asigned to another agent

An MI6 agent that has liscence to kill is given an 00 number bond recieved his after his first mission to assassinate a target.

Once dead or retired that 00 number can be asigned to another agent

He is never killed or long retired though. Plus is James Bond his real name or an alias. One of the strangest things about Bond is every fucker knows his name. He can’t stop telling everyone the daft twat:-)

He is never killed or long retired though. Plus is James Bond his real name or an alias. One of the strangest things about Bond is every fucker knows his name. He can’t stop telling everyone the daft twat:-)

Yeah but he tends to kill or psychologically damage anyone he does telL

And bond is his real name

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.