The next 007

He is never killed or long retired though. Plus is James Bond his real name or an alias. One of the strangest things about Bond is every fucker knows his name. He can’t stop telling everyone the daft twat:-)

Ahhhhhh. Meeeester Bond. I've been expecting you.

Yeah but he tends to kill or psychologically damage anyone he does telL

And bond is his real name

Does he fuck he tells every hotel receptionist he ever bloody meets:-) and being a spy and using your real name is somewhat odd. His origins in the films have always been vague with the exception of the last couple of Craig films. I haven’t read the books.

Anyhow I’m a big fan of Bond especially Connery and Craig but am struggling to think of anyone who obviously fits. Fassbender is probably too old. maybe they will go with an unknown.

Bale would make a good Bond although they could do with finding someone a bit younger.
Indeed. Double-oh’s retire at 45.

Bond is supposed to be 37 as he once said he was eight years shy of retirement age in one of the Bond films.

Would like to see Elba. Would be brilliant.

The next one has been delayed until November with this virus. Filming wrapped in October last year.

That is a shame, as it contains Ana De Armas as the new bond girl, and she is rather beautiful.

Would like to see Elba. Would be brilliant.

The next one has been delayed until November with this virus. Filming wrapped in October last year.

That is a shame, as it contains Ana De Armas as the new bond girl, and she is rather beautiful.

Also too old

Gold plated public sector early retiring wanker etc

Premier Inn Eastbourne

“I have a reservation booked”
“Name please”
“Bond, James Bond”
“I’m sorry Mr Bond we don’t want any trouble here it’s bingo night tonight”
“I’m a retired gentleman I won’t cause any trouble”
“I don’t believe you”
“Why would I lie?”
“Coz you’re a fucking spy now kindly fuck off”

Imo they're not really Bond movie's anymore, they've lost that magic, just run of the mill American action movies now.
Bond could be called whatever name.
I probably won't even go to see the next one, thought the last two were bobbins.

Exactly. Action movies with unbelievable stunts. Kiddies comics. Lacking in character or, as you say, magic.
Same old same old. They miss the essence of Fleming's tales. Perhaps Political correctness hasn't helped?

Does he fuck he tells every hotel receptionist he ever bloody meets:-) and being a spy and using your real name is somewhat odd. His origins in the films have always been vague with the exception of the last couple of Craig films. I haven’t read the books.

Anyhow I’m a big fan of Bond especially Connery and Craig but am struggling to think of anyone who obviously fits. Fassbender is probably too old. maybe they will go with an unknown.
Yes, Bond has no problems telling everyone his name, because his enemies don't know Bond from anyone else and to blend in he has to act like an everyman, and since making up a false identity was usually seen through, it made sense just to "fake" Bond's official background from time to time. Checking into hotels with his actual name is more covert or clandestine than having him "pretend" to be another everyman (hiding in plain sight).

Sometimes his enemies are aware that MI6 has sent a "007" to investigate their practices, but don't know the identity of who "007" is. "007" is meant as a codename for those "in the know" to be updated on the situation and whereabouts of said agent doing the spying, so having a James Bond is as relevant as John Smith; forgettable and irrelevant.

It's only when his enemies are able to equate that "That James Bond fellow; he IS 007!" that the shit hits the fan (in the books).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.