The NHS and its future

Perhaps, but the right has moved so far in that direction these days, they might as well wear black shirts and goose step up and down the streets.
Another reason they are contemplating removing political threads when this is the level of discourse.

I'm really not sure you can equate saving money for the NHS which is broke with goose stepping Nazis

I'm not sure some of the recent contributors have any interest in saving money for the NHS, or even in having an NHS at all, judging by the comments I've read. They come across as rather mean spirited and lacking in compassion for those who are less well off financially or healthwise, compared to them.

I'm in my early 50's, financially secure and in a good job and I don't begrudge the idea of having a good universal NHS, for all the population, not just for me.

Had no idea there were so many raving Nazi's amongst us, the NHS is a wonderful ideal of universal healthcare for all, regardless of age, sex, income bracket, social class etc and should be kept.

Any other system will be more expensive to the economy overall and more socially divisive.

Can't stand this little Englander/I'm alright Jack mentality on display in this forum, utterly disgusting.
Absolutely should be kept but for what it was intended for, if you are referring to my views let me ask you this if they went private healthcare do you think half of what peiple apply for on the nhs would be paid for out of an insurance policy? I very much doubt it or their premiums would be masssive. I certainly don’t want people thrown in the street because they can’t get the aftercare they require but there’s a finite amount of money and some causes are just lost ones.
I don’t know what job you do but I see day in and day out where money is been wasted and on who, it’s nit mean spirited it’s seeing the real world we live in and believe me it’s getting worse.

Had no idea there were so many raving Nazi's amongst us, the NHS is a wonderful ideal of universal healthcare for all, regardless of age, sex, income bracket, social class etc and should be kept.

Any other system will be more expensive to the economy overall and more socially divisive.

Can't stand this little Englander/I'm alright Jack mentality on display in this forum, utterly disgusting.
Very well put indeed.
Unfortunately the usual suspects on here are as selfish as it gets and dont have the sense to understand the origins and purpose of the national health service.
So long as we have enough money for wars thats all that counts eh?

Absolutely should be kept but for what it was intended for, if you are referring to my views let me ask you this if they went private healthcare do you think half of what peiple apply for on the nhs would be paid for out of an insurance policy? I very much doubt it or their premiums would be masssive. I certainly don’t want people thrown in the street because they can’t get the aftercare they require but there’s a finite amount of money and some causes are just lost ones.
I don’t know what job you do but I see day in and day out where money is been wasted and on who, it’s nit mean spirited it’s seeing the real world we live in and believe me it’s getting worse.

There will always be a need for a degree of rationing within any universal system, but that's why we have politicians (useless though they are) and health boards who make decisions on which drugs/equipment should be used by the NHS for patient care, based on financial cost and health benefits etc.

Otherwise it would be down to a free for all as to what should and shouldn't be provided on the NHS.
Personally I would ban the use of chemotherapy drugs and radiotherapy for treating cancer patients, they are incredibly expensive and seem to harm far more patients than help them. But that's my personal opinion. Just as your opinions are yours. It would all come to people's own biases/perceptions.

Personally I would ban the use of chemotherapy drugs and radiotherapy for treating cancer patients, they are incredibly expensive and seem to harm far more patients than help them.
Well seeing as I’ve still got a father and sister over a decade after each underwent chemo then I’m fucking glad you’ve got no say in what treatment is given out.

Very well put indeed.
Unfortunately the usual suspects on here are as selfish as it gets and dont have the sense to understand the origins and purpose of the national health service.

Thanks, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who believes in the NHS and also has a sense of compassion for those who are less fortunate.

Very well put indeed.
Not really. Calling people Nazis when all they’re suggesting is that some people should take a level of responsibility for their own health hardly seems to be particularly well thought out opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.