The Non Political James Timpson thread.

Blue Mist

James Timpson, head of the family shoe repair business has just been made Minister for Prisons by the new Labour Govt.
He left his role as the Chairman for The Prison Reform Trust to undertake his new role.
That's the politics out the way.
James Timpson runs the family company. For 20 years he has been visiting Prisons and recruits ex offenders to run his shops.
His shops also offer to clean, for free, items required for a job interview if you are unemployed.
The Timpson family are one of the top tax payers in the UK.
The Alex Timpson Trust offers free holidays to foster families, this is because his own mum (Alex) and dad fostered over 90 children in a 31 year period.

And best of all, they are Mancs.

What a family.

To be fair he does look like a fine person for the job. If I was to play devils advocate being kind and a good person isn't always the best for a position.
At least he has the background knowledge. He has previously stated that Prisons do not reform offenders, partly why he employs them, so we might actually see something different tried.
I just read the story of him and his family and wanted to post it. Politics aside, I hope he does well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.