The none miserable bastards thread

tbf the dippers have been living off being lucky rather than good for that long sometimes its nice for us to happen to us as well as this season as with yesterday it seems like every teams first or second attack has resulted in a goal
Nothing wrong with being lucky, but it’s the manner of yesterday’s performance that was the worry.

It’s a football forum to discuss City.

Obviously going to be a few wums/nutjobs that post complete bollocks, easy enough to spot and ignore.

No real blue is blind to the fact that we are unbeaten and sat relatively pretty at 17 points, it was a great 3 points yesterday, but discussing where it’s not working at the moment is surely completely valid.

I rarely bother watching MOTD but as I’m laid up having had my ACL surgery this week I ended up watching it at 5 in the morning today whilst my meds were kicking in, lol, and it was a very real reminder of how lucky we were to get that 3 points yesterday.
The difference between two good teams was the quality of our finishing and goal keeping. There was luck involved in Kova’s deflected goal but overall we showed more ability in the key moments.

I just want to give a mention to Rico Lewis. Rico gets a fair amount of stick on social media but to me he’s been revelation this season. Nobody can cope with Traore’s power and athleticism for a full game so obviously it wasn’t a perfect performance.

Everyone is entitled to their own views. It’s the people who tell other people how to think who are a bit tedious. For example, At the risk of upsetting a Bluemooner or two, what was the point of 5,000 flyers slating flexi-gold season cards. The people who who got their cards were delighted. Hopefully the upfront charge will reduce but it’s way better than paying the full match day price through the season.

It might just be me that finds the politicising of City a bit tedious.

Nothing wrong with being lucky, but it’s the manner of yesterday’s performance that was the worry.
genuine question what was it that bothered you about it so much, 3 goals against a low block and a team hoping to hit us fast on the break, its happened a 100 times before and will happen a 100 times again im not sure what was so bad about yesterdays performance that hasnt seen every damn team at city come and sit 10 behind the ball and hope to whack it into the channels for the pacy bloke the only diff yesterday is that traore couldnt finish, fucking spurs and son do that to us every bloody year lol.

Some very thin eggshells. Makes you wonder why some join a forum in the first place. Just follow the OS. The difference of opinions, the anger, the humour and yes, ridiculous remarks resulting in silliness, letting off steam, arguments etc etc are what makes this place.
Why some get so hung up is beyond me.

Oh fuck off :)

I’ve not really seen that much posted that’s unreasonable. If there is some, it must be a minority because it’s nothing I’ve noticed or it can be ignored.

I’ve not seen anyone say we’re shit and should be blowing teams away, just that we’re not as good as we were with some deficiencies compared to when we did regularly blow teams away, then some reasoning for why that might be.

A lot of the problem when reading the written form is those people who read things as if they’ve been written and posted by some rabid panicker who’s pulling his hair out in tears, when in reality it’s been posted by someone sat there calmly with a cigar and a whisky (or a coffee and a cig at this time on a Sunday haha) and being relaxed about it being just a bit of an interesting talking point.

In real life people openly discuss negatives and positives much better than they seem to be able to do when it’s in written form. People can’t seem to cope with negativity in written form.
It’s like how people react to negativity in the matchday thread - the reaction to it is more over the top than the original negativity because they’re reading it wrong.
Yeah, where I was sat yesterday there were plenty of comments heard that would have been at home in the matchday thread. It is what it is.

For me there’s a huge difference between comments made in the heat of the moment, in game, when stressed about the outcome, than comments made in the 24/48 hours after a match.

The difference between two good teams was the quality of our finishing and goal keeping. There was luck involved in Kova’s deflected goal but overall we showed more ability in the key moments.

I just want to give a mention to Rico Lewis. Rico gets a fair amount of stick on social media but to me he’s been revelation this season. Nobody can cope with Traore’s power and athleticism for a full game so obviously it wasn’t a perfect performance.

Everyone is entitled to their own views. It’s the people who tell other people how to think who are a bit tedious. For example, At the risk of upsetting a Bluemooner or two, what was the point of 5,000 flyers slating flexi-gold season cards. The people who who got their cards were delighted. Hopefully the upfront charge will reduce but it’s way better than paying the full match day price through the season.

It might just be me that finds the politicising of City a bit tedious.
I hope the tone of my original post didnt come across as telling others how to think as i do believe that some of the points are extremely valid and as had been made abundantly clear we defo arent at our best i was just saying life aint all bad and we should appreciate the good things too.

I hope the tone of my original post didnt come across as telling others how to think as i do believe that some of the points are extremely valid and as had been made abundantly clear we defo arent at our best i was just saying life aint all bad and we should appreciate the good things too.

No it didn't but you most certainly snared a few mate, if you came on here giving away free tickets and a voucher for a pie and a drink you'd get someone pulling the bits out of your offer.

No mate. My comments about the team weren’t aimed at anybody. True, we aren’t at our best but somethings are coming together like, RICO and Doku’s performances and Savinho looks like a top signing.

We do seem to be heavier legged a month earlier than past seasons, maybe linked to the Euros. Hopefully, KDB will be back in a fortnight

No it didn't but you most certainly snared a few mate, if you came on here giving away free tickets and a voucher for a pie and a drink you'd get someone pulling the bits out of your offer.
honestly a few on here could win the lottery and complain there wallet was too heavy lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.