The Official Ashes 09 Thread

lol
we have some walkers in the team though, and still 'play in the spirit of the game' ;)
I hope we call for new gloves and get the trainer out every few overs though hahah

does freddie need a sports bra, i'm not sure he will look to good in the new city shirt?

Quality spell from Flintoff.

They still need 200 and I'm trying to stay optimistic given that we've got a newish ball but I'm tense as fuck.

tommyducks said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Yeah - this one carried to slip without bouncing twice.
But this was Colly,not our honest captain...:)
They'd have done the same to us mate. What goes around comes around. I'm glad we got those 3 wickets - it's not our job to act the umpire as well. We have been gallant honest losers for too long. I just want these Ashes back, end of.

I want us to regain the Ashes too mate,but you don't do it by claiming "catches" like that one.
Its against the spirit of the game and can never be condoned.
I would rather lose with honour and dignity than win by cheating.
It just isn't cricket,i'm afraid.

johnmc said:
Uwe Rösler said:
does freddie need a sports bra, i'm not sure he will look to good in the new city shirt?

I don't understand why Flintoff portrays himself as a City fan when he supports Preston

really? deepdale??

He has to retire, why play a game for 5 days when you can make more money playing for 3 hours. :D

tommyducks said:
They'd have done the same to us mate. What goes around comes around. I'm glad we got those 3 wickets - it's not our job to act the umpire as well. We have been gallant honest losers for too long. I just want these Ashes back, end of.

I want us to regain the Ashes too mate,but you don't do it by claiming "catches" like that one.

To be honest, Strauss got his fingers under the ball and as a result he may well have thought that he had genuinely caught it. Only Strauss knows for sure whether he pulled a fast one - I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. If he knew the ball was grounded then that's a different matter altogether and is totally out of order.

M18CTID said:

To be honest, Strauss got his fingers under the ball and as a result he may well have thought that he had genuinely caught it. Only Strauss knows for sure whether he pulled a fast one - I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. If he knew the ball was grounded then that's a different matter altogether and is totally out of order.

Yes,but getting your fingers under the ball after it has bounced twice doesn't count.
I used to field 1st slip,and you know what is and isn't a clean catch.
No way could Strauss have been 100% sure it carried,therefore he shouldn't have claimed it.
And what on earth the umpires were playing at is anyone's guess.

johnmc said:
Uwe Rösler said:

I don't understand why Flintoff portrays himself as a City fan when he supports Preston

He is from Preston but supports City????

I wasn't imagining him in a city top at a game once was i couldn't off been that pissed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.