The Official Ashes 09 Thread

Good day for us today. If Strauss can get a big score tomorrow and is well supported by the middle order we'll be well set for a good score and lead.

No surprise that Broad didn't threaten. He's utter shite. Anderson and Onions were superb. When the ball swings like that Anderson is one of the best around.

Tomorrow is a huge day in the series I feel. If England do bat well and get a decent lead before the close of play the Aussies could be in for a tough challenge to save the match. The weather will play a big part.

Disappointed with Bopara again today he played some great shots, but he hasn't seemed to be able to push past a moderate score in this series. Strauss and Bell should form a good partnership tomorrow, unless Johnson can get his act together.

Blue down under said:
Rudi you **** fucking blind old bastard, should be shot. UNFORGIVABLE

I'm presuming you mean the LBW shout from Johnson against Bell?
Let's cut Koertzen some slack,mate.
After all,he wasn't sure exactly which part of middle the ball would have hit.
Talk about whinging convicts.
You'll be accusing our captain of claiming dodgy catches next.

Blue down under said:

yeah rudi is killing us, but it is our selectors fault for being shit. Twatson is the most useless player in our team. I know he got 60 but come on he is so useless, always injured and always roots ricky up the bum. Hussey must be cross eyed when he looks at the stumps because he always has no clue where the leg stump is, Hughes got dropped for Johnson being hopeless and Clarke is left out because he isnt one of Ricky's favourites. All in all im praying for this test to be rained out.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Blue down under said:

I'm presuming you mean the LBW shout from Johnson against Bell?
Let's cut Koertzen some slack,mate.
After all,he wasn't sure exactly which part of middle the ball would have hit.
Talk about whinging convicts.
You'll be accusing our captain of claiming dodgy catches next.

It wasn't it being dodgy that annoyed me but the inconsistency by the umpires.
No way Strauss could know if he caught it or not..

mcfcliam said:
Good old English weather!!

Unlucky Aussies, looks like a draw here.

;)

Hey im happy with a draw, if we kept playing Australia would lose. Bring back Phil Hughes!

This match is a draw no doubt. I would say Lanky have a 50% chance of winning the Roses match though, with Yorks a 0.001% chance. CracK off another 150 then bowl them out by half six then Monday's rain won't matter.

Keep the faith, there's still 2 days worth of cricket left. Need to score quickly today and tomorrow morning then bowl very very well. Stick them under pressure and see what happens. Tickets available at £25 for anyone that's interested.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.