The Official Ashes 09 Thread

The time for redemption has come. You can smell the poms fear from here, amongst other things.... dirty bastards. Gee with 2 south africans in the side you can't help but wonder how poor the youth of england must be. Aussies to win it in 3 days again for mine, should be a ripper.

Filthy Hilfy said:
The time for redemption has come. You can smell the poms fear from here, amongst other things.... dirty bastards. Gee with 2 south africans in the side you can't help but wonder how poor the youth of england must be. Aussies to win it in 3 days again for mine, should be a ripper.

Ahh, filfy we meet again.

Ready to get beat and lose the urn?

mcfcliam said:
Filthy Hilfy said:

Ahh, filfy we meet again.

Ready to get beat and lose the urn?

Ready to give Flintoff the send off he deserves :)

Class comment from Freddie

Athers "Do you think you've been a great Test player?"

Fred "nah, I've been alright"

bornblueegg said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Named in honour of Colin Bell actually,blueegg - I'll just add it to the multitude of your other errors.
Why do you singularly fail to see any fault in our captain,despite almost every major cricket expert highlighting them?
I can hardly be bothered listing yet again his numerous shortcomings,but if you honestly think that choosing to bat first in the most recent fiasco was inspired decision-making,then I despair.
Yes, the team as a whole did fail.
But who is ultimately responsible for motivating,leading and getting the best out of that team?
Strauss is a lousy captain,by any yardstick,and is only captain by default.
I fervently hope England win this test,and therefore the Ashes.
But if they manage to do so,it would be despite his lack of direction and not because of it.
If Straussis ultimately responsible, which I agree with how if we win can it be despite of..

I shall try one last time.
If England win,it will be by overcoming his uninspiring captaincy and wayward decision-making which,in my opinion,is detrimental rather than helpful to the team.
I'll highlight the difference between Strauss and a good captain,(Ponting).
Punter picked up his players from the ground after a defeat which would have set the blueprint for the rest of the series,had it happened to England.
He was the victim of some truly awful umpiring decisions,which arguably cost his side the game.
England,as we did in Australia last time,would have capitulated.
Punter led from the front - motivating,inspiring and encouraging a pretty average group of players to produce a quality performance,excelling in every department.
I would go as far as to say that if he was in charge of England,then the Ashes would have been ours already.
I hope to be proved wrong,but I doubt that Strauss has the same innate fighting spirit.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
bornblueegg said:
If Straussis ultimately responsible, which I agree with how if we win can it be despite of..

I shall try one last time.
If England win,it will be by overcoming his uninspiring captaincy and wayward decision-making which,in my opinion,is detrimental rather than helpful to the team.
I'll highlight the difference between Strauss and a good captain,(Ponting).
Punter picked up his players from the ground after a defeat which would have set the blueprint for the rest of the series,had it happened to England.
He was the victim of some truly awful umpiring decisions,which arguably cost his side the game.
England,as we did in Australia last time,would have capitulated.
Punter led from the front - motivating,inspiring and encouraging a pretty average group of players to produce a quality performance,excelling in every department.
I would go as far as to say that if he was in charge of England,then the Ashes would have been ours already.
I hope to be proved wrong,but I doubt that Strauss has the same innate fighting spirit.
I agree if ponting was our captain we would, indeed have already won the ashes. But you can hardly compare the 2. Ponting has been captain for a long period of time and strauss has been captain for 5 mins. Stupid arguement

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.