The Official Ashes 09 Thread

For me its not the preparation, the coaching or anything else. It was the team performance.

We can see it needs to be pitched up, they're told to pitch it up and no other them do.

We can see from the first shambolic innings our mistakes from batting so we do the same stupid thing.

we lost wickets in clusters and did not do a boycott (hate the bloke) but he could get out of a hole like that.

Fair play, our friends from the land of the kangaroo out played us in every department and no doubt I'll have a certain Russian ballet dancer telling me it was Strauss' fault, but no.

It wasn't the ball, it wasn't losing KP or Freddie, it wasn't even the pitch. It certainly wasn't the coaching staff or the teams preparation.

It was, quite simply failure to take part.

Balls people

PistonBlue said:
Thing is, blue down under, I don't think this was anything to do with your bowlers. Every wicket was given away. It's more to do with our shite coaching and wrong mentality. We beat ourselves, this is the worst Aussie side I can remember.

I think we(australia) had something to do with how poorly england played there was some great bowling(for once this series) but i do agree it is a very very average australian side. But i'll take a draw in the last test and gladly take $100 off an unhappy english friend of mine :P lol

It's quite simple really, England will play well when the selectors pick on merit and not from the old boys club.

MCFC-alan88 said:
It's quite simple really, England will play well when the selectors pick on merit and not from the old boys club.

lol the funny thing about that is it also applies for australia! its a boys club, and you have to be from new south wales to have the best shot of getting the baggy green

Uwe Rösler said:
PistonBlue said:
Thing is, blue down under, I don't think this was anything to do with your bowlers. Every wicket was given away. It's more to do with our shite coaching and wrong mentality. We beat ourselves, this is the worst Aussie side I can remember.

I think we(australia) had something to do with how poorly england played there was some great bowling(for once this series) but i do agree it is a very very average australian side. But i'll take a draw in the last test and gladly take $100 off an unhappy english friend of mine :P lol

Yeah I could possibly give your bowlers a bit more credit, but I still reckon we beat ourselves. We just have no idea of how to bat in a given situation. I really do despair at our lack of thought.

Enjoy your $100 though mate!

Uwe Rösler said:
MCFC-alan88 said:

lol the funny thing about that is it also applies for australia! its a boys club, and you have to be from new south wales to have the best shot of getting the baggy green
That's because the Victorian players they pick such as Hodge, Dussey, McDonald, Harwood, McGain, and WHITE, are all retards.

It will interest you to note that there are no NSWmen on the selection panel of Hughes, Border, and Cox.

Wheelsy said:
Uwe Rösler said:
That's because the Victorian players they pick such as Hodge, Dussey, McDonald, Harwood, McGain, and WHITE, are all retards.

It will interest you to note that there are no NSWmen on the selection panel of Hughes, Border, and Cox.

Fair point. But surely Hodge at least is hardly a idiot??!!

Wheelsy said:
Uwe Rösler said:

Two words, BEAU CASSON........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.