The Official Ashes 09 Thread

Re: The official 2nd Ashes test thread

The opening batsmen for England really need to do better, Cook and Bopara especially. Collingwood will hopefully have another blinder, and I think the inclusion of Onions is a good move.

For those of you with an iPhone there is a free ECB app which updates the scores automatically.

I got it last week, and it was invaluable when I was out and about and wanted to keep abreast of the score.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ecb.co.uk/twelfthman/follow-twelfthman/ecb-app-on-iphone-and-ipod-touch,1905,BP.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ecb.co.uk/twelfthman/follow- ... 05,BP.html</a>

Much as I would love to see an England victory,I just can't see it happening,unless Australia underperform spectacularly.
At Cardiff we were so comprehensively outplayed that it was embarrassing to watch - the Aussies were superior in every aspect of the game.
That said,if KP,Freddie and Strauss finally realise that its a test match and not a 20/20 "hit and hope for the best" encounter,then at least we may post a score that is defendable.
Then we need to find line and length from somewhere in our seam attack,as it was certainly AWOL last time out.
And Strauss has to start showing the leadership,motivational skills and decision-making expected of a captain and stop mooching around the outfield like a disinterested schoolboy every time an Aussie batsman gets settled.

Its cloudy today and will piss it down tomorrow, light rain saturday and light rain sunday. Think it will be another draw

yeah it stays at lords, but as long as we know who owns it :P

Uwe Rösler said:

We can't risk giving it to you £10 poms,we'd never see it again - you know what you convicts are like!
Actually,I think it is out of order for Australia not to take the Ashes home if they win 'em fair and square.
Its a stupid rule that is well overdue changing.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Uwe Rösler said:

We can't risk giving it to you £10 poms,we'd never see it again - you know what you convicts are like!
Actually,I think it is out of order for Australia not to take the Ashes home if they win 'em fair and square.
Its a stupid rule that is well overdue changing.

lol!
well we just don't want you guys to whinge ;)
Insert ricking ponting comment here.............................
lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.