The Official Ashes 09 Thread

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
johnny on the spot said:
England squad: A Strauss (capt), J Anderson, I Bell, R Bopara, S Broad, P Collingwood, A Cook, A Flintoff, S Harmison, G Onions, M Panesar, K Pietersen, M Prior (wkt), G Swann

I'd leave out Broad,Swann & Panesar personally.
And don't have Monty as 12th man,as he'll probably drop the drinks.

no spinner?

mcfc_nick said:
johnny on the spot said:
England squad: A Strauss (capt), J Anderson, I Bell, R Bopara, S Broad, P Collingwood, A Cook, A Flintoff, S Harmison, G Onions, M Panesar, K Pietersen, M Prior (wkt), G Swann

I'd leave out Broad,Swann & Panesar personally.
And don't have Monty as 12th man,as he'll probably drop the drinks.

no spinner?

Not for me mate.
The Lords pitch will be tailor-made for seamers - ditto the likely weather conditions,and they hardly inspired confidence at Cardiff.
I think Bell is unlikely to throw his wicket away a la KP & Freddie,and can tie down one end and feature in solid batting partnerships.
Broad has potential,but I just feel that this is a series too soon for him.
Onions has an ability to bowl steady line and length and,whilst never spectacular,is dependable and will be a damned sight more economical than Broad.
And,after Australia rattling up 600 plus at over 4 an over,without hardly a sniff of a chance of a wicket,he may be the best of a poor bunch of seamers/pacemen.

Not for me mate.
The Lords pitch will be tailor-made for seamers - ditto the likely weather conditions,and they hardly inspired confidence at Cardiff.
I think Bell is unlikely to throw his wicket away a la KP & Freddie,and can tie down one end and feature in solid batting partnerships.
Broad has potential,but I just feel that this is a series too soon for him.
Onions has an ability to bowl steady line and length and,whilst never spectacular,is dependable and will be a damned sight more economical than Broad.
And,after Australia rattling up 600 plus at over 4 an over,without hardly a sniff of a chance of a wicket,he may be the best of a poor bunch of seamers/pacemen.

fair enough but id still play a spinner as if we are getting hammered again by them with all seamers id like to have a bit of variation to be able to throw in to see if it works and whether thats swann or monty i dont know!

The official 2nd Ashes test thread

Come on England!

Shit record against the Aussies at Lord's but I think England will win this one.

Strauss
Cook
Bopara
Pietersen
Collingwood
Prior
Flintoff
Swann
Anderson
Harmison
Onions

That will be the team I reckon.

Re: The official 2nd Ashes test thread

come of it de niro...test match cricket can be as exceiting as football...sunday evening for instance

and i would take a draw right now...we will struggle again...i really cant see us doing much with the ball...so we need to get some runs on the board and pray we take 20 wickets

i predict aus win by 150 runs/6 wickets

Well the weather looks crap, 2 day possibly lost, Lords is a draw pitch anyway recently, surely we wont screw it up to lose in 3 days.

Naff half hearted comments but there was an imposter offical thread up at the top.

de niro said:
can't we just call it a draw and save us all 5 days of boredom?

258Troll_spray.jpg

eshiers1 said:
come of it de niro...test match cricket can be as exceiting as football...sunday evening for instance

and i would take a draw right now...we will struggle again...i really cant see us doing much with the ball...so we need to get some runs on the board and pray we take 20 wickets

i predict aus win by 150 runs/6 wickets

i know, i tease, found it rather entertaining the other day, did'nt know what the fuck they were on about mind, cricket is one weird game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.