The Official Ashes 09 Thread

Re: The official 2nd Ashes test thread

lc-mcfc said:
Come on England!

Shit record against the Aussies at Lord's but I think England will win this one.

Strauss
Cook
Bopara
Pietersen
Collingwood
Prior
Flintoff
Swann
Anderson
Harmison
Onions

That will be the team I reckon.
i bet broad will be included but i reckon harmison should be included cause it is a bouncy pitch.

Nothing beats the buzz of watching City (or England football) but Sunday night in the cricket was great and I really enjoyed it. I also really enjoyed the cracking Warrington v Saints Rugby League game the other night and I don't follow any Rugby team but appreciate the sport.

mcfc_nick said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
johnny on the spot said:
England squad: A Strauss (capt), J Anderson, I Bell, R Bopara, S Broad, P Collingwood, A Cook, A Flintoff, S Harmison, G Onions, M Panesar, K Pietersen, M Prior (wkt), G Swann

I'd leave out Broad,Swann & Panesar personally.
And don't have Monty as 12th man,as he'll probably drop the drinks.

no spinner?

Not as crazy as it sounds, whats the point of playing a spiner that doesn't spin the ball?

Although I thing Swann will play and play better (with the ball) than he did at cardiff, he should at least offer control and tie an end up the allow full rotation of the seamers as Giles did so well.

i do believe we can win, however, we really need to stop giving away cheap wickets.
The aussies are so clever when they bat, they are patient and build high runs as ricky ponting proved last week.
Come on you pommies

de niro said:
eshiers1 said:
come of it de niro...test match cricket can be as exceiting as football...sunday evening for instance

and i would take a draw right now...we will struggle again...i really cant see us doing much with the ball...so we need to get some runs on the board and pray we take 20 wickets

i predict aus win by 150 runs/6 wickets

i know, i tease, found it rather entertaining the other day, did'nt know what the fuck they were on about mind, cricket is one weird game.

GO to any cricket club ant talk about inside leg, outside foot, wankers wrist etc and the folk will just agree with you. No-one understand whats goin on.

Cook
Trescothick
Ramprakash
Bell
Bopara
Symonds
Davies
Chapple
Sidebottom
Anderson
Keedy

We had better be a damm sight better at batting and bowling than we were in Wales.
Which leaves a bit of a problem as England have'nt won a Test at Lords since 1904, or whenever it was. 74 years, is it?

Whatever it is, it is not looking good.

And the weather won't come to our rescue either.

I'm not optimistic, as you can probably tell.

Aussie team will be unchanged, and reports are Freddie wont get up, so the question is will you play Bell with 4 bowlers, or got with 5 bowlers? Should all be answered in 6ish hours.

If we win the toss, it will be another LONG test for the poms...

Blue down under said:
Aussie team will be unchanged, and reports are Freddie wont get up, so the question is will you play Bell with 4 bowlers, or got with 5 bowlers? Should all be answered in 6ish hours.

If we win the toss, it will be another LONG test for the poms...

yeah but it will rain, take a few hours of play away and we will have another draw, but 5 draws and we retain the ashes!

"the urn is going home, its going home, its going home, with the aussies"! lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.