The Official Ashes 09 Thread

dannybcity said:
Fried Onions said:
Off to Headingley next Saturday (yeah, missing Celtic), sat on the Western Terrace and looking forward to beer snakes, fancy dress and general hilarity and mischief.

Oh, yeah....and the cricket.

They stopped us from making beer snakes yesterday, still didn't stop us trying. The Aussies are pretty boring especially the group Merv Hughes has brought over. The average age is about 72.
Beer snake died in Aus in about 2005 unfortunately... a sad incidement on the fun police.

I've been to at least one day of almost every Sydney test for about the last ten years and it gets progressively worse. $5 a pop for midstrength beer is the biggest outrage... it's nigh on impossible to lubricate yourself in a day's play. And as you know, test cricket is best enjoyed drunk...

Wheelsy said:
dannybcity said:
They stopped us from making beer snakes yesterday, still didn't stop us trying. The Aussies are pretty boring especially the group Merv Hughes has brought over. The average age is about 72.
Beer snake died in Aus in about 2005 unfortunately... a sad incidement on the fun police.

I've been to at least one day of almost every Sydney test for about the last ten years and it gets progressively worse. $5 a pop for midstrength beer is the biggest outrage... it's nigh on impossible to lubricate yourself in a day's play. And as you know, test cricket is best enjoyed drunk...

It's the only way. I went with the intention of not drinking yesterday but by 8 o'clock I was singing City songs in the car as my girlfriend drove me home. I'm still unsure as to how it happened.

Very happy with the finish to the test match and we should be able to take some confidence into the 4th test much like England did from the 1st to the 2nd Test. I was worried a little about Marcus North but yesterday he showed he belonged and Michael Clarke has to rated almost the best batsman in the world with his current form, he is playing the no. 5 role perfectly.

I personally would make 2 changes for the 4th test, plus Haddin for Manou if he is fit. I would replace Siddle, as much as I love him, with Clarke and Hauritz for Lee if he is fit. If Lee isn't fit and it doesn't look like a turner then I would play McDonald. The way he held up an end, like a spinner, in South Africa by bowling stump to stump was fantastic and he also managed to chip in with some key wickets.

At this stage I see us retaining the Ashes thinking with win at least one of the two remaining test and if we don't win the other it will be a draw!!

Here come the Aussies! Can just feel the momentum changing. Poms attack looks placid when it isn't swinging. Johnson turning the corner too and my boy Hilfy has been inspiring! Things looking on the up for a 4th test victory. Cmon Aussie cmon!

Filthy Hilfy said:
Here come the Aussies! Can just feel the momentum changing. Poms attack looks placid when it isn't swinging. Johnson turning the corner too and my boy Hilfy has been inspiring! Things looking on the up for a 4th test victory. Cmon Aussie cmon!

I don't think you'll perform as badly as the last two test at the Oval but I can only see an English win at Leeds. The more Northernly the test the more confidence I have. Let's hope for a nice overcast day with a moist outfield first off.

Filthy Hilfy said:

Good job the ball swings like mad at Headingly when cloudy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.