The Official Ashes 09 Thread

Blue down under said:
another rain affected game which will end in a draw. we might have won this if there was another day...

bring on the 4th test on friday!

You gotta be having a giraffe mate,unless the Bundaberg is kicking in!
You had nearly an hour to dislodge Jimmy and Monty at Cardiff,in fading light,and didn't come close.
And my gran could dismiss Monty with a tennis ball.

At what stage, if any, do Australia start thinking win? Lead is 160 with 38 overs left, hard to see a result.

Or is it just "we'll take the draw ta very much"?

Wheelsy said:
At what stage, if any, do Australia start thinking win? Lead is 160 with 38 overs left, hard to see a result.

stuff the poms, bat em into the ground! the more freddie bowls the better for us... headingley is our test.

and on a side note haurtiz >>>>>>>>>>> swann
has consistently gotten more spin drift loop and bounce, and taken more wickets

Wheelsy said:

You're around 160-ish ahead now. You won't declare yet (too much risk of losing). You'll be looking at a lead of somewhere around 230 or so. That would take, at best, another 14 overs (5 runs per over?). That'd mean you had 19 or 20 overs to bowl England out. That shouldn't happen, even with England's tradition of collapsing like a pack of cards.

Blue down under said:
Wheelsy said:

stuff the poms, bat em into the ground! the more freddie bowls the better for us... headingley is our test.

and on a side note haurtiz >>>>>>>>>>> swann
has consistently gotten more spin drift loop and bounce, and taken more wickets

Good Lord man - you just get funnier!
Hauritz,(I take it thats who you mean,although you spelling speaks volumes for the Convicts Educational System when your own players' names present problems),couldn't turn milk.
Rain will wipe out at least a day of the remaining 2 tests,and the Ashes will be back where they belong.
We don't need to win,and you can't.
Shame that.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Hauritz,(I take it thats who you mean,although you spelling speaks volumes for the Convicts Educational System when your own players' names present problems),couldn't turn milk.
Rain will wipe out at least a day of the remaining 2 tests,and the Ashes will be back where they belong.
Shame that.

We can and will win. How you forget we were just 1 wicket away from beating you at Cardiff and got close to chasing 500 at Lords and i dare say, we would have beaten you in this test if time permitted. You have peaked, we are improving.

Its only a matter of time until you fail in an innings, 51 all out vs west indies is going to happen again, just a matter of which innings next test

Blue down under said:
Shame that.

We can and will win. How you forget we were just 1 wicket away from beating you at Cardiff and got close to chasing 500 at Lords and i dare say, we would have beaten you in this test if time permitted. You have peaked, we are improving.

Its only a matter of time until you fail in an innings, 51 all out vs west indies is going to happen again, just a matter of which innings next test

We can also rely on you to fail in an innings aswell.

England are the better team.

Blue down under said:
Shame that.

We can and will win. How you forget we were just 1 wicket away from beating you at Cardiff and got close to chasing 500 at Lords and i dare say, we would have beaten you in this test if time permitted.

You don't get victories for being a wicket away - we would have stuffed you at Old Trafford in the 3rd Test in 05 if it hadn't pissed down,and like I say,if you can't get Monty out on a wicket that was falling apart in near-darkness,then you simply don't deserve to win.
Your opening attack is about as scary as an under 11 team,and quite possibly your worst ever to feature in an Ashes series.
You wouldn't bowl out a blind school eleven for 51 with that wayward clown Johnson in the team.
Even Punter wouldn't back him,and he would bet on anything.
For you,Aussies,ze Ashes is over!

mcfcliam said:
We can also rely on you to fail in an innings aswell.

England are the better team.

LOL! when the ball aint swinging, bangladesh would trouble us more that your mob. "relying" on us to fail in an innings, good luck with that... 6-600 and 400 on a last day wicket ring a bell? clearly not

and since when are you the better team? 5-0 last series, number 1 test nation in the world? baffling

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.