The official EDS and academy thread 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
RandomJ said:
The whole youth set up needs a complete overhaul. We have some very talented kids who are either just training with no game time or playing shit standard of football where they will learn fuck all. Suarez was one of the most talented kids of his age with all the big clubs chasing him and we've somehow made him go backwards. He needed to be loaned long ago and although theres rumours he might be this summer he's pushing 20 now and still hardly kicked a ball in anger.

I would love nothing more than for us to bring through our own superstars but I don't see that happening for a long time.

The worst thing that is threatening to happen is that young talented players and people who care about their careers are going to look at Suarez and way he was developed at City and pick another club. If I had a wonder kid now, I'd certainly think Arsenal /Barcelona/Rags have much more chance to develop him into top player than City.

If things like that continue, the City academy in it's glory will mean f'all. It's people who work there who are important, the other stuff is just add-on.

How many training pitches they have and what kind of building will be made for their relatives to stay at means f'all if top quality staff is not employed.

MSP said:
The worst thing that is threatening to happen is that young talented players and people who care about their careers are going to look at Suarez and way he was developed at City and pick another club.

I don't think that will happen. Chelsea started this buying up of youth prodigies after their takeover and most of them ended up elsewhere... but still they attract great youth prospects (like the Musondas). The kids and their families probably see it as being given access to state-of-the-art facilities while being paid a lot (more than a kid should make) so even if they don't make it there they are being set up for a good career (and making lots of money). However I'd like us to be more productive than Chelsea... 10 years nearly since their takeover and only Bertrand has really broken through. And they have signed some of Europe's best youth players in that time. I think the incredible pressure on managers there by Abramovich makes them fear promoting youth, I imagine our Spanish brass will encourage youth promotion a little more though... the kids just have to be good enough so that our quality doesn't suffer from them being promoted.

We'll end up signing some of those young kids - the money, the status etc. will bring few of them but we'll certainly lose some of them, maybe even some real gem until some success is made in that department.

There are not big differences in facilities when it comes to top level clubs, some might look more fancy than others but the main stuff is there in all of them.

And then you look and think where my son has most chance to develop his football and career... if there's no huge difference in what is offered, I'd think - Arsenal is best for him for ex... rags too. Both of teams have history of giving young players a chance.

So we have to employ the best possible staff to train those players, and not manager's mates etc.. and have a policy where most talented of them will be given a chance before they become world class players, they'll never become world class if not given time..

Lionel Messi Jr.!

2013-03-23_INFANTIL_A-MANCHESTER_CITY_10.v1364056964.JPG

City's Premier League U14 National Tournament winning team played Barcelona today and lost 1-0. Here's the match report: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.fcbarcelona.es/futbol/formativo/detalle/noticia/amistosos-del-infantil-a-contra-el-west-ham-y-el-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fcbarcelona.es/futbol/format ... ester-city</a>

The only thing of note is how the match report describes City as playing similar to Barcelona with plenty of one touch passing and possession, but City had more physical dominance as is typical of English teams. The match was described as very close and the progress of our U14s perhaps offers a glimpse of the quality in our academy at the younger groups these days.

Good result from the u14s then :-)

Some guy uploaded a video of Denis Suarez's best moments. Many people have written him off this forum but I still think he has a chance - especially if this loan in Espanyol comes into fruition. His development may have stagnated but if he has a season of regular football, it could really work wonders for his development. Emyr Huws came back a better player, and that was a short loan. Imagine what a full season or 6 month loan spell playing in a top league can do to Denis Suarez, a player who is already good.

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QOJ_QXm6aOw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... OJ_QXm6aOw</a>

Money is what attracted Pozo, Lopes, Ntcham, Fofana etc. They will be getting paid thousands a week plus signing on fee's and houses for parents etc, same as Chelsea.

WNRH said:
Money is what attracted Pozo, Lopes, Ntcham, Fofana etc. They will be getting paid thousands a week plus signing on fee's and houses for parents etc, same as Chelsea.

Certainly a factor but i can imagine that our academy plans and subsequent education was also high on their priority list,certainly,i would hope,from the parent perspective......

Anyway,im not sure what your point actually is?

FantasyIreland said:
WNRH said:

Certainly a factor but i can imagine that our academy plans and subsequent education was also high on their priority list,certainly,i would hope,from the parent perspective......

Anyway,im not sure what your point actually is?

Probably the one I and LC discussed about - is there a potential problem of young players not being kind to sign if they see that other young players are not well developed.

WNRH probably thinks money will solve the problem, I don't completely agree with it. It will with some but won't with others and it would be shame to lose some gem for having bad reputation in that department.

I hope we'll see some new academy training staff acquisitions as early as this summer.

MSP said:
I hope we'll see some new academy training staff acquisitions as early as this summer.

A must and i'm sure they'll already be lined up.

No point having the best army if the generals are shite.

This is interesting! Txiki appears to be taking steps to sorting out our youth system.

-

Man City chief Begiristain risks coaching rift with Mancini as his influence grows
By Joe Bernstein
PUBLISHED: 22:30, 23 March 2013 | UPDATED: 22:30, 23 March 2013

Manchester City’s youth coaches are having to write detailed Ofsted-style reports on every training session below first-team level as technical director Txiki Begiristain strengthens his grip on the club.

With the future of manager Roberto Mancini undecided, former Barcelona executive Begiristain, 48, is increasing his powerbase regardless of who is in charge of the first team next season.

City’s coaches, many of whom were appointed by Mancini, have been told to produce plans for each practice so Begiristain can check it for content and value. He wants every City side from Under-15s to the development team, who play in the Under-21 Premier League, to share a common style based on Barcelona’s tiki-taka game.

It has led to some tension among staff at the club’s Carrington training ground, who feel torn between loyalty to Mancini and having to satisfy Begiristain.

The over-riding priority of Begiristain and chief executive Ferran Soriano is to recruit the best young teenage players in the world, both having worked at Barcelona when a young Lionel Messi emerged through the ranks of their famous finishing school, La Masia.

City have themselves invested £150million on a new academy called The Etihad Campus which will open next year on the same site as the main stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.