The official EDS and academy thread 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's the U16s who are supposed to be good, but I can't find any U16s tables anywhere, only U18s and above. The U18s have followed the exact same path as the U21s, second from bottom in Phase 1, into the "best of the worst" group in Phase 2, and currently 4th of 7. Could be worse, Arsenal are 6th... I think both City and Arsenal U18s are full of very young kids (15/16yos) though which will affect results.

LoveCity said:
I think it's the U16s who are supposed to be good, but I can't find any U16s tables anywhere, only U18s and above. The U18s have followed the exact same path as the U21s, second from bottom in Phase 1, into the "best of the worst" group in Phase 2, and currently 4th of 7. Could be worse, Arsenal are 6th... I think both City and Arsenal U18s are full of very young kids (15/16yos) though which will affect results.

The under 16's play "friendlies" I believe rather than in a league.

The whole youth set up needs a complete overhaul. We have some very talented kids who are either just training with no game time or playing shit standard of football where they will learn fuck all. Suarez was one of the most talented kids of his age with all the big clubs chasing him and we've somehow made him go backwards. He needed to be loaned long ago and although theres rumours he might be this summer he's pushing 20 now and still hardly kicked a ball in anger.

I would love nothing more than for us to bring through our own superstars but I don't see that happening for a long time.

Seeing as the academy is the most important part of the club, I think it's safe to say we will see some players coming through.

I don't give a flying shit if they lose ten nil every week. I've seen great reserve teams without a single quality player in & shit ones with five or six.

It's going through a transitional period so far as teams go but from what bits I've seen, we have absolutely loads of talented kids & some will make it big.

We have never had this much quality, ever. We will end up having to let some decent players go because we have too many imo.

I'm going to brave the weather today and watch Academy v Boro, but just a bit worried it may be called off - anyone have any updates at all? have tried Twitter but no updates about the game. Cheers

18s drew 2-2 against bottom of the league Middlesbrough.

BTW Pozo has scored for Spain U17s against Belgium. It's half time.

QhNdOoN.jpg

LoveCity said:
18s drew 2-2 against bottom of the league Middlesbrough.

BTW Pozo has scored for Spain U17s against Belgium. It's half time.

QhNdOoN.jpg

Playing with the wind in the first half I thought City were awful and deserved to be one down.Can't say Boro looked very good either but we seemed incapable of making simple short passes and some of the movement up front was really poor.Plus we had nobody up top to hold the ball.

Better second half where we first equalised through a penalty.It could have happened earlier where we had an even better shout but we were actually playing better and having much more of the game.Boro scored a stupid equaliser but I will have to see it on highlights to see how it happened as I had looked the other way talking to someone and thinking we would just clear it.

We pressed again and Barker scored a decently taken equaliser but after that our inability to make simple passes meant we didn't score again.

It does have to be remembered that we were missing pretty well all of our best under 18 players who area way with their countries or just don't play at this level.

I always thought one of the reasons we door poorly table-wise in the reserves are we play many players that are in a younger age group.

Pozo scores again, quite a talent we have on our books... let's not fook this one up. :)

Bossaerts in the opposing team, our results may be poor at youth level but our ranks are full of youth internationals.

Oq4eQ6e.jpg

BTW, Abdi Ibrahim must have some agent... no idea where all this hype is coming from, he failed on loan at NEC last season and is suddenly the "new Vieira" again and wanted by Arsenal, Spurs, and Liverpool?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/305121/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/305121/</a>

Pozo,given his continuing progress and the right fortune,could well be the next graduate knocking on the first team door.He does seem to have that bit extra,something special.......

Him,Lopes and Ntcham could even be a future spine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.