The official EDS and academy thread 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
How many years left on Helens contract?

2014. He's off this summer and said as much in an interview the other day. A figure of around £800,000 has been rumoured, I honestly think he can be worth much more than this in future but we'll probably sell because he's reached that age now where a decision is made.

Anyway, I'm wondering if any youth aficionados have heard about 'something' happening very soon? I've been told something and sworn to secrecy but if true it would be big for our EDS setup and some might say revolutionary. An announcement isn't far off IF it's true.
English branch of Barca FC?

moomba said:
FantasyIreland said:
I believe Ibrahim is doing well,rumours of a new contract offer on his return?

Read about interest from Arsenal not that long ago.

Amongst others apparently.That was what prompted my interest,he's obviously doing something right and is evidence,IMO,that stagnating in our EDS/reserves does no favours to the majority of our kids.

As we have seen of late,many blossom,to varying degree,when given a chance.

George Hannah said:
LoveCity said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

2014. He's off this summer and said as much in an interview the other day. A figure of around £800,000 has been rumoured, I honestly think he can be worth much more than this in future but we'll probably sell because he's reached that age now where a decision is made.

Anyway, I'm wondering if any youth aficionados have heard about 'something' happening very soon? I've been told something and sworn to secrecy but if true it would be big for our EDS setup and some might say revolutionary. An announcement isn't far off IF it's true.
What's that got to do with city?

You can't have a B team playing in the same football league, but how about starting one in the Welsh league? Or Dutch?<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:33 pm --<br /><br />
George Hannah said:
LoveCity said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

What's that got to do with city?

You can't have a B team playing in the same football league, but how about starting one in the Welsh league? Or Dutch?

FantasyIreland said:
The Man With The Stick said:
FantasyIreland said:
I believe Ibrahim is doing well,rumours of a new contract offer on his return?
Watched him the other day in Norwegian League (can't spell the clubs name), thay seemed to start him on the left wing. Seemed solid enough but wasn't the best player. Nuhu looked good going forward but got caught out a couple of times tracking a really quick winger. That lad really does like to cross the ball.

Saw Abdi a couple of years ago in a reserve derby and he really stood out in a midfield playing against Obertan, Bebe and Anderson. Thought he showed a lot of promise.

Thanks mate.

I realise the league quality is incomparable,however,do you beleieve Nuhu could be an adequate back up to Clichy?

To be honest mate... it's the first time i've watched him for 90 minutes so pretty hard to judge... i don't know the league either, seemed fairly similar to our 'Championship'. Gonna keep an eye on their games though so I'll post any updates.

Reminded me a bit of a young Micah... might make mistakes but has the pace to get back on top of it.

FantasyIreland said:
Watched him the other day in Norwegian League (can't spell the clubs name), thay seemed to start him on the left wing. Seemed solid enough but wasn't the best player. Nuhu looked good going forward but got caught out a couple of times tracking a really quick winger. That lad really does like to cross the ball.

Saw Abdi a couple of years ago in a reserve derby and he really stood out in a midfield playing against Obertan, Bebe and Anderson. Thought he showed a lot of promise.

Thanks mate.

I realise the league quality is incomparable,however,do you beleieve Nuhu could be an adequate back up to Clichy?

To be honest mate... it's the first time i've watched him for 90 minutes so pretty hard to judge... i don't know the league either, seemed fairly similar to our 'Championship'. Gonna keep an eye on their games though so I'll post any updates.

Reminded me a bit of a young Micah... might make mistakes but has the pace to get back on top of it.

Hmm, I saw some rumours a while ago stating that Txiki was impressed with him (saw him at a tournament) and offered him a new contract.

He seems decent, but it's the Norwegian League. I really need catch some stromsgodest matches...

woahmark said:
He seems decent, but it's the Norwegian League. I really need catch some stromsgodest matches...

Fairly easy to find the streams, here's a fixture list...

<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/norway/stromsgodset-idrettsforening/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/norway/st ... sforening/</a>

(Just noticed the 11-nil scoreline yesterday on there)

I've heard LC. Very, very interesting if true. Revolutionary in fact. Trust the guy who told me too.

Is it correct that the EDS play tonight and tomorrow? Also isn't there a Norwich U21 game to reschedule, or has this taken place?

Enock Kwakwa scored 2 goals in the 11-0 win. He is one of 4 City players at Stromgodset - Nuhu, Abdi & Bismark Adjei – Boateng are the others.

woahmark said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/norway/stromsgodset-idrettsforening/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/norway/st ... sforening/</a>

Enock Kwakwa scored 2 goals in the 11 - 0 win. He is one of 4 City players at Stromgodset - Nuhu, Abdi & Bismark Adjei – Boateng are the others.

woahmark said:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.