The official EDS and academy thread 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we get second place done and dusted fast and some of those youngsters get some minutes in the PL. It will be some very good experience for them no doubt.

Also, stay fit Jack!

The Man With The Stick said:
Was Mancini there tonight? (Bob not Fil)

No didnt see him, there was an army of backroom staff in the stand and quite a few foreign reg cars on the car park (Parents/family of our lads, all the Stoke lads were home grown -big with daft mullet haircuts)
I heard a lot of "Attention Attention" in foregn accents from a few of our players instead of "man on" need to learn one common football language in my humble opinion it shows a bit of willingness and effort of the player wanting to fit into the club not the club fitting round the player.

C1ETY said:
The Man With The Stick said:
Was Mancini there tonight? (Bob not Fil)

No didnt see him, there was an army of backroom staff in the stand and quite a few foreign reg cars on the car park (Parents/family of our lads, all the Stoke lads were home grown -big with daft mullet haircuts)
I heard a lot of "Attention Attention" in foregn accents from a few of our players instead of "man on" need to learn one common football language in my humble opinion it shows a bit of willingness and effort of the player wanting to fit into the club not the club fitting round the player.
Mullets??? In Stoke??? Surely not???

Cheers mate. Jus thought it might indicate whether he'd be using any EDS players towards the end of the season.

Who was your pick of the bunch?

EDIT; ignore that, jus found your last post!

Good to see Huws in that holding midfield role breaking up play.
Has developed into an imposing physical presence and is technically very good.His awareness and positioning off the ball is excellent.Would like to see him driving forward more from deep positions.

Do those that watch the EDS feel that perhaps Huws may be being earmarked as a potential replacement for Barry in a couple of years time?

Shands said:
Do those that watch the EDS feel that perhaps Huws may be being earmarked as a potential replacement for Barry in a couple of years time?

He's 20 at the start of next season so really needs a loan at championship level at least. Its going to be so tough for any youth player to break through

mansour's tow ropes said:
Shands said:

He's 20 at the start of next season so really needs a loan at championship level at least. Its going to be so tough for any youth player to break through

As you'd expect given the level of player in our first choice 15-16. If though, as is being speculated, Sinclair, Lescott, Richards and Kolo* are to be moved on in the summer then our homegrown quota will take a hit, and perhaps for pragmatic reasons that could lead to the necessary promotion of someone like Huws to the Premier league squad?

*not sure, does he qualify as homegrown, I can't remember what age he came to Arsenal?

Edir: I know homegrown isn't the correct term, it's 'English qualified' or something isn't it, I was just too lazy to look it up. I'm sure you followed what I was getting at.

So now we are being linked with the portuguise winger Bruma, who plays for sporting lissabon, and the portugues u19 along with Marcos Lopes.
Manchester United are ready to tussle with Manchester City and Chelsea for Sporting Lisbon sensation Bruma, reports talkSPORT.

The 18-year-old winger - whose full name is Armindo Tué Na Bangna - is widely regarded as one of the brightest young talents in Portugal at the moment, and as such has attracted interest from a host of top European clubs.

Bruma is yet to fully establish himself in the Sporting Lisbon first-team, and is reportedly growing frustrated at manager Jesualdo Ferreira's reluctance to play him.

Such unrest could prompt a swift exit from the Estadio Jose Alvalade, with a long list of suitors queuing up to sign the talented teenager.

Red Devils boss Sir Alex Ferguson is believed to have sent scouts to run the rule over the Portugal U19 international, and is ready to offer him the chance to move to Old Trafford.

Manchester United will look to utilise their strong relationship with the Primeira Liga club, whom they have dealt with on many occasions, most notably in the transfers of Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani.

The newly crowned Premier League champions will face significant competition for Bruma's signature, though, as Chelsea weigh up a rival bid for his services.

Stamford Bridge owner Roman Abramovich is willing to bankroll the move, as he looks to get one over on potential title rivals Manchester United.

Meanwhile, Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini completes a trio of interested Premier League parties ready to tussle for a player that last month was linked with a £4million move to Bayern Munich.
4million seems like a lot for a u19 player who has trouble getting first team experience in Sporting. How would he be able to get first team games in City, wouldnt he just go straight into the EDS along with Lopes? That is, if we are actually interested and well get him, i dont really see givemefootball as a trustfull source, but sometimes they do get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.