The Official EDS and Academy Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fofana has just turned 18,was he not amongst the youngest out there?
His strength is a natural gift he will only further develop and continue into his senior game.
I saw little wrong with his passing game today,he really impressed first half but unfortunately,like the rest,switched off somewhat in the second.

A very bright future imo.

FantasyIreland said:
His strength is a natural gift he will only further develop and continue into his senior game.
I saw little wrong with his passing game today,he really impressed first half but unfortunately,like the rest,switched off somewhat in the second.

I think he was one of the oldest to be honest. He's ok, i just think he isn't technically right for what we will need at the top level. Games all about opinions though isn't it.

WNRH said:
FantasyIreland said:

I think he was one of the oldest to be honest. He's ok, i just think he isn't technically right for what we will need at the top level. Games all about opinions though isn't it.
Not one of the youngest defin.

CELTICRORY said:
Hiwula seems to score every time I check the results

While he doesnt contribute greatly to a game,he does have the knack.....

Regarding Fofana,in terms of his age,i was speaking with regards to the oppositions age.

FantasyIreland said:
CELTICRORY said:
Hiwula seems to score every time I check the results

While he doesnt contribute greatly to a game,he does have the knack.....

Regarding Fofana,in terms of his age,i was speaking with regards to the oppositions age.
ah yeah, compared to the oppisition then we have kids running around :D

Watching the YouTube video with Vieira talking over highlights, it looks like the same story as the first team... failure to take chances, and Vieira bemoans that. This seems like an epidemic at the club, why is this? We don't have poor strikers at any level. Is it the tiki-taka mentality creating that "one more pass" way of thinking which can lead to players being indecisive with their shooting?

Sort of an interesting game but not really a good one.I don't think there is a doubt that we were much the better side but I didn't think we played very well.

Well enough to be one up and Fulham virtually didn't make our area apart from a very late break when they missed a sitter.The trouble was we were laboured and it took Fofana's strength and directness to get the goal as well as hitting the post.There were a couple of other 1/4 chances but no real sustained pressure on their goal or keeper saves.It all looked controlled but lacking real umph or quality.

Fulham had shown they were quite well organised in the first half but little going forward.The early part of the 2nd half again saw City attacking and it's here we missed 2 or 3 chances.Hiwula really does make good runs and twice got to balls through intelligent movement in the box but the finishes were average.From nowhere Fulham equalised with their number 9 doing a Hiwula but he shot under Gunn to score. Not sure about blame here but an overhit cross was allowed to be controlled and crossed back where Bossaerts was done by the scorer.

The next goal was also from an overhit ball that was knocked back in and number 9 again scored quite easily this time with a header.Poor marking maybe. Sloppy allowing the ball to come back again maybe.Once ahead Fulham went back to organised defensive mode and basically asked what we had to offer and it wasn't much. A couple of half chances maybe but nothing great.

In terms of individuals I did think Fofana showed some real promise.Powerful on the ball and prepared to go for goal but I am not sure his concentration is great when they have the ball. Lopes to me looked tired but he did manage a couple of good bursts but overall didn't influence the game enough.Rusnak tried to bring a spark to it but nothing much worked.Huws was ok but isn't really a creator.Bytyqi tried hard but was disappointing.

LoveCity said:
Watching the YouTube video with Vieira talking over highlights, it looks like the same story as the first team... failure to take chances, and Vieira bemoans that. This seems like an epidemic at the club, why is this? We don't have poor strikers at any level. Is it the tiki-taka mentality creating that "one more pass" way of thinking which can lead to players being indecisive with their shooting?

Yeah, you've hit the nail on the head there.

That's why Dzeko hit that shot straight at the keeper yesterday, he was trying to deflect it off his legs into the path of Negredo. Same when he missed that last minute effort v Bayern, he was actually trying to hit it out to the wing but miskicked it towards Bayern's goal. Similarly, Negredo 'headed' two crosses with his shoulder from 4 yards out, because he was hoping to play Nasri in. He also hit that one past the post yesterday as he thought Fernandinho was about to make a late run. The volley he made after outjumping the Arse keeper was also a pass, as was that one Navas had cleared off the line.

We were fucking lucky with those five v AC Milan as well, all passes which accidentally went in.

Neville Kneville said:
LoveCity said:

Yeah, you've hit the nail on the head there.

That's why Dzeko hit that shot straight at the keeper yesterday, he was trying to deflect it off his legs into the path of Negredo. Same when he missed that last minute effort v Bayern, he was actually trying to hit it out to the wing but miskicked it towards Bayern's goal. Similarly, Negredo 'headed' two crosses with his shoulder from 4 yards out, because he was hoping to play Nasri in. He also hit that one past the post yesterday as he thought Fernandinho was about to make a late run. The volley he made after outjumping the Arse keeper was also a pass, as was that one Navas had cleared off the line.

We were fucking lucky with those five v AC Milan as well, all passes which accidentally went in.

Oh god, could you possibly be more condescending and needlessly confrontational? There is no need to be an arse, make your point without being one. Maybe the mentality is starting to change now, but last season it was an epidemic. I lost count of the amount of times we had a clear cut scoring opportunities only for the player not to have the confidence to get his laces behind it and shoot, instead opting for one more pass that all too often let defenders organise themselves and force us back or block the eventual shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.