The Official EDS and Academy Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
spinzer said:
George Hannah said:
Interesting to see which players are named on the UEFA B list. I'm also thinking that Guidetti must be a long way from fitness given his absence and the availability of a place.

76912f80-67d8-4db4-bf16-4cf35ce20aa4_zpscf1929ab.jpg
hmm didn't know Pellegrini was Italian? ;)

IIRC He is of Italian descent, quite possibly has an italian passport

George Hannah said:
Interesting to see which players are named on the UEFA B list. I'm also thinking that Guidetti must be a long way from fitness given his absence and the availability of a place.

Why no George Evans on the list?

Thought Facey was out on loan?

SrilankanBlue said:
spinzer said:
George Hannah said:

hmm didn't know Pellegrini was Italian? ;)

IIRC He is of Italian descent, quite possibly has an italian passport
The list also has Demichaelis down as Italian.
Would assume he also has Italian passport.

Just got back from the game, a very cagey affair, likely down to the conditions, it never stopped raining all match.

City's goal looked like a deflected Adam Drury cross that nestled in the corner. George Moncur scored a lovely curling effort from the corner of the box for them. City had the lions share of possession and were neat and tidy but created little clear cut chances. West Ham created more openings and hit the bar in the first half and the post in the second. Draw probably a fair result.

MOM for me was one of their central defenders Leo Chambers. A bit on the small side but his positional play and anticipation were a step above any other defender on the pitch and he had a lot of ability on the ball. Certainly one to keep an eye out for.

For us, I thought Lawlor coped admirably with the conditions and was tested far more than his counterpart. Has a good build for a keeper. Plumber and Denayer player well in defence, Denayer has something about him. Plumber isnt the biggest physically. Facey had a quiet game but was solid, but Greg Leigh played well at left back both going forward and in defence. Looks a prospect.

In midfield, George Evans played Yaya's role and had a good passing range, not sure he'll be able to cope physically with Premiership football though, a bit slow over ground and on the turn. Needs to watch Barry. Fofana played in Fernan's role and is a big athletic unit with a fantastic touch, but his awareness was lacking, stitched the team up a couple of times with sloppy play and has alot to learn.

Lopes played 10 and didnt have much impact on the game, but was easily the biggest talent out there. When he's dribbiling, he reminds me of Maradona. Bytiqi (sp) played on the right and nothing really went for him, looked a bit out of his depth. Cole played left and I thought he was our best forward player, lots of positive runs and intelligent play. Hiwula was up top and was a willing runner but only one chance of note which was saved well by the keeper.

Drury looked a threat going forward on the overlap, lots of pace and some great crosses into the box. I dont think we attempted a cross all match before he came on. Hutton was neat and tidy and got around the pitch well.

In terms of the eternal question of whose ready to step up, in reality, none of the players on tonights showing are ready for the first team squad. The most talented is certainly Lopes but I also thought Leigh and Denayer played well and have the tools both football wise and athletically to improve to Premiership levels. Those are the 3 to looks out for for me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paaYmar3-p0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E79h92SchZ8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMsXbpzGS0U[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU134jHTD30[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auWAhDX-UJw[/youtube]

what shitty fucking 2 minutes to goal. That second goal was just absolutely terrible.. other then that, who is number 11? looks class. Actually looks abit like scott sinclair tbh :D

Grob said:
Just got back from the game, a very cagey affair, likely down to the conditions, it never stopped raining all match.

City's goal looked like a deflected Adam Drury cross that nestled in the corner. George Moncur scored a lovely curling effort from the corner of the box for them. City had the lions share of possession and were neat and tidy but created little clear cut chances. West Ham created more openings and hit the bar in the first half and the post in the second. Draw probably a fair result.

MOM for me was one of their central defenders Leo Chambers. A bit on the small side but his positional play and anticipation were a step above any other defender on the pitch and he had a lot of ability on the ball. Certainly one to keep an eye out for.

For us, I thought Lawlor coped admirably with the conditions and was tested far more than his counterpart. Has a good build for a keeper. Plumber and Denayer player well in defence, Denayer has something about him. Plumber isnt the biggest physically. Facey had a quiet game but was solid, but Greg Leigh played well at left back both going forward and in defence. Looks a prospect.

In midfield, George Evans played Yaya's role and had a good passing range, not sure he'll be able to cope physically with Premiership football though, a bit slow over ground and on the turn. Needs to watch Barry. Fofana played in Fernan's role and is a big athletic unit with a fantastic touch, but his awareness was lacking, stitched the team up a couple of times with sloppy play and has alot to learn.

Lopes played 10 and didnt have much impact on the game, but was easily the biggest talent out there. When he's dribbiling, he reminds me of Maradona. Bytiqi (sp) played on the right and nothing really went for him, looked a bit out of his depth. Cole played left and I thought he was our best forward player, lots of positive runs and intelligent play. Hiwula was up top and was a willing runner but only one chance of note which was saved well by the keeper.

Drury looked a threat going forward on the overlap, lots of pace and some great crosses into the box. I dont think we attempted a cross all match before he came on. Hutton was neat and tidy and got around the pitch well.

In terms of the eternal question of whose ready to step up, in reality, none of the players on tonights showing are ready for the first team squad. The most talented is certainly Lopes but I also thought Leigh and Denayer played well and have the tools both football wise and athletically to improve to Premiership levels. Those are the 3 to looks out for for me.

Cheers.

Nice report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.