The Official EDS and Academy Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
we wont develop anyone if we dont give them a chance with the first team, i dont mean playing a few minutes in the capital one cup, i mean like in league games, either coming on from the bench or starting a few games! they need to play games! we used to do it until we got took over, but now we dont give them a proper chance,we should be doing with lopes what united are doing with that januzaj lad

greasedupdeafguy said:
WNRH said:
Very poor performance especially from Lopes, Fofana and Bytyqi. Why the difference from Wednesday? Are the younger ones better than this lot?
higher quality opposition imo

Don't Chelsea have one of the best academy setups in world football at the moment?

Lopes, for me, has to get a first team call up in the league soon.

Grieffymcfcctid said:
we wont develop anyone if we dont give them a chance with the first team, i dont mean playing a few minutes in the capital one cup, i mean like in league games, either coming on from the bench or starting a few games! they need to play games! we used to do it until we got took over, but now we dont give them a proper chance,we should be doing with lopes what united are doing with that januzaj lad
And who do we both drop to the bench and put in the stands to accommodate this?

Pellegrini is under extreme pressure to deliver, imagine if we started Lopes against Everton and we lost.

There would have been calls for Pellegrinis head for not playing one of the vastly more experienced players sat on the bench and in the stands.

CTID101 said:
Grieffymcfcctid said:
And who do we both drop to the bench and put in the stands to accommodate this?

Pellegrini is under extreme pressure to deliver, imagine if we started Lopes against Everton and we lost.

There would have been calls for Pellegrinis head for not playing one of the vastly more experienced players sat on the bench and in the stands.

I think managers who put kids in the first team have good relationships with their chairman or director of football.

I am desperate to see Lopes given some league time but the only way I see Pellegrini giving it him is if Viera tells Txiki to tell Pellegrini to get him in the first team and if then Txiki grants Pellegrini the opportunity to do so.

we could of done with an extra body in midfield maybe glendon to help us keep possession an create goal scoring opportunities evans just seemed to get over run in midfield while going forward despite having five forward thinking players we struggled to create clear goal scoring opportunities , that being said thought we were tidy in possession and despite struggling in the final third in the 1st half we had two really good chances that should of been put away and were arguably the better side in the second. since vieira took over the results haven't been great but the football is better more technical today the side reminded me so much of the fist team this should make it easier for them to make the step up .

p.s cole reminds me so much of welbeck good player just doesn't seem like he will ever be a prolific goal scorer.

Went down to the Bridge to watch this morning. It was a poor game, 2 very even teams and lots of individual errors generally through carelessness rather than from pressure. A disappointing result too as I felt Chelsea were there for the taking. We need a little more aggression and control in midfield at this level, we're far too nice in central areas and the the attackers are rarely able to shine in anything more than fits and bursts as a result. Lopes being a prime example.

Player by player, I thought Lawlor's distribution was poor. Very panicked and showed no ability or composure. He didn't have much to do in terms of shot stopping. Has good height for a keeper but I always feel Gunn organises and commands the area better than him. Gunn is the best keeping prospect we have.

Facey was solid enough, I think he might end up a decent lower league full back. Trippier at the same age was a far superior player and I dont think Facey is talented enough for top flight football. Leigh is a good athlete, and a prospect for me, but he had a poor game today. Started badly and never picked up. He's worth persevering with though, especially with left back being one of the weakest areas in the first team.

Plummer played well but is undersized sadly. He may struggle to find a career at center half and probably isn't quick enough for left back. Denayer has lots of potential. Big, strong, quick, and a good footballer. Reading some of the other comments here surrounding his position, I think center back is where he is best suited. He's certainly the most talented of the back four and has more potential that Bossaerts for me. Raw but could be there or there about in 2 years. Not as advanced as Rekik at the same age as a defender but has more pace.

Evans isn't going to make it at the top level. Not mobile enough. His distribution was patchy today and he didn't get to grips with the midfield as he should have done. Jack Byrne in the below age group has far more potential in the same position. Fofana has a lot of potential but not as a central midfielder for me as he isn't in the game enough. I'd have him out wide on the right. He has all the physical tools and is a good footballer so he has a chance.

Rusnak wasn't in the game as much as he should have been due to the service from the middle. He's the more able of the 2 wide men certainly but he needs some experience in league football. He's not going to improve playing at this level. Bytiqi always looks like a player learning on the job. Makes the wrong decision time after time and physically needs to develop but his touch is excellent and he can dribble. Work in progress.

Lopes didn't have the best of games but like Rusnak was starved of service. The few times he did get the ball in space he didn't make the most of it though. At this level he is surrounded by players who aren't at his standard. Rusnak is probably the closest but if he's not seeing the ball they're not able to link up. He'll look better when Pozo is back in the side. Cole is an interesting player. He is very quick and has a great touch and dribbling ability but his awareness is sometimes lacking and he rarely look the goal threat he did at under 18s. He's another worth persevering with though as there's something there.

Drury is a very 1 dimensional player but he does that one thing well and that's get to the byline. Hiwula is a goalscorer but doesn't really excel at this level yet. Time is on his side. Glendon was neat and tidy when he came on, I'd like to see him played in midfield with Evans and Fofana moved to the right wing to see if the balance improves.

Been to see the EDS a few times this season and was wondering about some of the older players still on the books I haven't seen.

Johannson, Huws, Henshall, and Nimley spring to mind. I also expected to see more of Ntcham and Bossaerts but they seem to be off the radar recently. Does anyone have any info on their current status?

Grob said:
Went down to the Bridge to watch this morning. It was a poor game, 2 very even teams and lots of individual errors generally through carelessness rather than from pressure. A disappointing result too as I felt Chelsea were there for the taking. We need a little more aggression and control in midfield at this level, we're far too nice in central areas and the the attackers are rarely able to shine in anything more than fits and bursts as a result. Lopes being a prime example.

Player by player, I thought Lawlor's distribution was poor. Very panicked and showed no ability or composure. He didn't have much to do in terms of shot stopping. Has good height for a keeper but I always feel Gunn organises and commands the area better than him. Gunn is the best keeping prospect we have.

Facey was solid enough, I think he might end up a decent lower league full back. Trippier at the same age was a far superior player and I dont think Facey is talented enough for top flight football. Leigh is a good athlete, and a prospect for me, but he had a poor game today. Started badly and never picked up. He's worth persevering with though, especially with left back being one of the weakest areas in the first team.

Plummer played well but is undersized sadly. He may struggle to find a career at center half and probably isn't quick enough for left back. Denayer has lots of potential. Big, strong, quick, and a good footballer. Reading some of the other comments here surrounding his position, I think center back is where he is best suited. He's certainly the most talented of the back four and has more potential that Bossaerts for me. Raw but could be there or there about in 2 years. Not as advanced as Rekik at the same age as a defender but has more pace.

Evans isn't going to make it at the top level. Not mobile enough. His distribution was patchy today and he didn't get to grips with the midfield as he should have done. Jack Byrne in the below age group has far more potential in the same position. Fofana has a lot of potential but not as a central midfielder for me as he isn't in the game enough. I'd have him out wide on the right. He has all the physical tools and is a good footballer so he has a chance.

Rusnak wasn't in the game as much as he should have been due to the service from the middle. He's the more able of the 2 wide men certainly but he needs some experience in league football. He's not going to improve playing at this level. Bytiqi always looks like a player learning on the job. Makes the wrong decision time after time and physically needs to develop but his touch is excellent and he can dribble. Work in progress.

Lopes didn't have the best of games but like Rusnak was starved of service. The few times he did get the ball in space he didn't make the most of it though. At this level he is surrounded by players who aren't at his standard. Rusnak is probably the closest but if he's not seeing the ball they're not able to link up. He'll look better when Pozo is back in the side. Cole is an interesting player. He is very quick and has a great touch and dribbling ability but his awareness is sometimes lacking and he rarely look the goal threat he did at under 18s. He's another worth persevering with though as there's something there.

Drury is a very 1 dimensional player but he does that one thing well and that's get to the byline. Hiwula is a goalscorer but doesn't really excel at this level yet. Time is on his side. Glendon was neat and tidy when he came on, I'd like to see him played in midfield with Evans and Fofana moved to the right wing to see if the balance improves.

Been to see the EDS a few times this season and was wondering about some of the older players still on the books I haven't seen.

Johannson, Huws, Henshall, and Nimley spring to mind. I also expected to see more of Ntcham and Bossaerts but they seem to be off the radar recently. Does anyone have any info on their current status?
Bossaerts seems to be injured, and Ntcham i have no idea. He lost his place and then he went to the bench and then nothing.. He did have alot of hype about him earlier tho.

spinzer said:
Grob said:

Bossaerts seems to be injured, and Ntcham i have no idea. He lost his place and then he went to the bench and then nothing.. He did have alot of hype about him earlier tho.
Ntcham came on as a sub against Plzen last time I saw him.

Think PV really does need to speak to the OS if winning isn't important? Yet again in pre Rags article "City will be hoping to return to Winning ways". . ? Why?????? If winning isn't important anymore in our youth set up?

salfordpaul said:
Think PV really does need to speak to the OS if winning isn't important? Yet again in pre Rags article "City will be hoping to return to Winning ways". . ? Why?????? If winning isn't important anymore in our youth set up?
Do you really have to pollute an interesting and enjoyable thread with your strange campaign against Vieira?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.