The Official EDS and Academy Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neville Kneville said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
BigOscar said:
I really don't understand the lack of optimism about Rekik on here. The lad is so far ahead of where most quality CB's are at his age. Far too many people seem to be mentioning him being too small aswell? Moronic, he's 6 foot. If that's too small to be a CB then someone better go tell Thiago Silva, Sergio Ramos, Carlos Puyol, Diego Godin, Walter Samuel, Collocini, Koscielny, Vermaelan, Jagielka, Kolo Toure, Marquinhos, Miranda and Demichellis that they should pack their bags then. Ridiculous.

The sad thing is, if he wasn't owned by us but was just owned by PSV and doing this well, I'm sure half of the naysayers would be falling over themselves saying how we should pay £20m for him, just like with Marquinhos. Have a bit of faith FFS

agree

Why would anyone want to pay 20 mil for a kid who doesn't currently look as good as the bloke next to him who isn't good enough for Chelsea ?

Can someone explain ?

its a hypothetical scenario, don't deny that if he was someone else's player there would be people on this forum begging us to sign him.

Neville Kneville said:

Why would anyone want to pay 20 mil for a kid who doesn't currently look as good as the bloke next to him who isn't good enough for Chelsea ?

Can someone explain ?

its a hypothetical scenario, don't deny that if he was someone else's player there would be people on this forum begging us to sign him.

Why on Earth would people want to sign some random kid playing in the Dutch league ?

What particular element does he have to his game which we are missing & why is he a better choice than other kids ?

Neville Kneville said:
Neville Kneville said:

Can someone explain ?

Why on Earth would people want to sign some random kid playing in the Dutch league ?

What particular element does he have to his game which we are missing & why is he a better choice than other kids ?

Nastasic was 'some random kid' til we signed him. Marquinhos was 'some random kid' til PSG signed him. If we were linked with an 18 year old playing regularly for a top of the table team and been called up to the full Holland squad, don't deny you would be a bit excited

Neville Kneville said:
Neville Kneville said:

Can someone explain ?

are you for real? so you wouldnt want, lets say Zakkaria Bakkali? Viktor Fischer? If the lad is young, has talent and plays well, everybody wants him, thats just the name of the game.

Whoever it was claiming 20Millon for Rekik is absurd.

The kid is 18 and has been called up to the Holland squad. Lets not forget other such players who have been called up to national squads and since done sweet f**k all - Freddy Adu (who I remember watching for USA U-21 when he was just 15 and saying "wow!"), Michael Johnson, Franco Di Santo, Carlos Vela etc. Some serious talent, or so called talent which has failed to establish.

I think the problem is, with Rekik, as it was/has been with Boyata - Will he look as good in 3 years as he does now, which was the case with Boyata for me. There has been very little progress from when he made his first few appearances for City and that is the fear with Rekik (for me).

TheOneAndOnlyKun said:

The kid is 18 and has been called up to the Holland squad. Lets not forget other such players who have been called up to national squads and since done sweet f**k all - Freddy Adu (who I remember watching for USA U-21 when he was just 15 and saying "wow!"), Michael Johnson, Franco Di Santo, Carlos Vela etc. Some serious talent, or so called talent which has failed to establish.

I think the problem is, with Rekik, as it was/has been with Boyata - Will he look as good in 3 years as he does now, which was the case with Boyata for me. There has been very little progress from when he made his first few appearances for City and that is the fear with Rekik (for me).

I give up with this thread

TheOneAndOnlyKun said:

I give up with this thread
I'm not sure what people are expecting from young players, to go from a young boy to Messi once they turn 18?

To cite failures as why we shouldn't be hopeful of young players is ridiculous, because it totally ignores all the players that have developed successfully - the ones we watch every week.

Rekik at PSV is getting first team football that Boyata never did, this is how players improve, by playing.

Carlos Vela's early career was stop start, never really established, now he has and he's turned into an extremely good player, a key player for Real Sociedad in the CL.

The reason we should be hopeful about Rekik is because at 18 he is already playing regularly, playing well at a high level and will be learning constantly.

Top class football is full, jam packed of players who weren't wonderkids. Players who have played regularly, improved, developed, got better over time.

Watch Rekik and see the ability he has (if you can't see he has potential, then you should just forget about youth football), then think how much time he has to get better. If that doesn't make you hopeful then why on earth are you even reading this thread?

I think you have missed my point. I am pro-Rekik but anti-the pessimists on this thread who are writing him off. My point was about the fact that some posters are taking the hypothetical suggestion, that if he wasn't ours we would be valuing him at some crazy amount, seriously

spinzer said:
Neville Kneville said:

are you for real? so you wouldnt want, lets say Zakkaria Bakkali? Viktor Fischer? If the lad is young, has talent and plays well, everybody wants him, thats just the name of the game.

So it's not possible to actually sign a player on the fact that he's, for instance, great in the air ? Quick ? Abnormally good at intercepting the ball ? Positionally excellent ? fantastic on the ball ? The chief criteria is 'he's young & he plays in the Dutch League' ?

I think you have missed my point. I am pro-Rekik but anti-the pessimists on this thread who are writing him off. My point was about the fact that some posters are taking the hypothetical suggestion, that if he wasn't ours we would be valuing him at some crazy amount, seriously
I was agreeing with you, I just got a bit carried away...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.