The Official EDS and Academy Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deepest Blue said:
ColinLee said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
I can only see Barce vs Celtic?
That's all that shows on mine too, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Edit :- http://www.live-footballontv.com/live-reserves-&-youth-football-on-tv.html doesn't show it anywhere either.
Just checked Eurosport's site and that also shows Barca/Celtic.

my TV mag is usually pretty accurate but looks like they're wrong this time.
Will recheck on the day, though just in case.

The first teams play wed,dont the youngsters play beforehand on the same day?

FantasyIreland said:
Deepest Blue said:
ColinLee said:
That's all that shows on mine too, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Edit :- http://www.live-footballontv.com/live-reserves-&-youth-football-on-tv.html doesn't show it anywhere either.
Just checked Eurosport's site and that also shows Barca/Celtic.

my TV mag is usually pretty accurate but looks like they're wrong this time.
Will recheck on the day, though just in case.

The first teams play wed,dont the youngsters play beforehand on the same day?
No, it's on Tuesday. 1pm kick off our time.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/44198-citeh-links/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/4 ... teh-links/</a>

Views from Oldham fans about a possible link between the clubs. Most don't seem pleased, cant blame them tbh as we just seem to loan them our deadwood youngsters.

greasedupdeafguy said:
http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/44198-citeh-links/

Views from Oldham fans about a possible link between the clubs. Most don't seem pleased, cant blame them tbh as we just seem to loan them our deadwood youngsters.

Plummer has been god awful in his first two games there, I was told. Rusnak was sent back for poor discipline (allegedly). Bunn and Scapuzzi failed to make any impression. Only Wabara did well.

So I don't blame them - but we haven't been sending them our top prospects, if we send the Lopes and Denayer types, it might be different.

True, Oldham do just get the ones who are too old to be prospects anymore and are just seeing out time before getting released, they really aren't good enough to get any genuine prospects on loan unfortunately. There is absolutely no point in sending someone like Rony or even Byrne to somewhere where they aren't going to play technical football.

they shouldn't complain, they could reap some financial benefits, which could be the difference between staying up in League 1 and going down, or getting promoted.

It only takes 1 loan player to click and they're challenging for promotion.

They would probably get first option on our deadwood graduates, who are a) getting better in standard year on year and b) as proven over the years make good careers for themselves.

They won't get loaned our top prospects because they need to play at a higher level in more technically demanding environments.

That being said I really wish we would take over a Liga Adelante club and have some semblance of control over our youngsters on loan in a good league, either that or do what Chelsea do with Vitesse and have 6 on loan at the same club. I just think a Liga Adelante side would solve the problem of Barca B coming back and poaching anybody at 19/20 because we don't have a coherent transition setup in the UK.

I don't get how it would work. Some of our kids are right for div 3 football. Some need a higher level, some need a lower level.

Partnerships are better than B teams for me but it would have to be an Oldham team with Oldham staff acting in Oldhams best interests.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
they shouldn't complain, they could reap some financial benefits, which could be the difference between staying up in League 1 and going down, or getting promoted.

They would probably get first option on our deadwood graduates, who are a) getting better in standard year on year and b) as proven over the years make good careers for themselves.

They won't get loaned our top prospects because they need to play at a higher level in more technically demanding environments.

That being said I really wish we would take over a Liga Adelante club and have some semblance of control over our youngsters on loan in a good league, either that or do what Chelsea do with Vitesse and have 6 on loan at the same club. I just think a Liga Adelante side would solve the problem of Barca B coming back and poaching anybody at 19/20 because we don't have a coherent transition setup in the UK.
If I was an Oldham I would not be happy for my team ignoring its own prospects for a premier league reserve teams deadwood.

JoeMercer'sWay said:

A Portuguese League side wouldn't be a bad idea, I think we have links to Gil Vicente as it is. Half the league is empoverished and used to rely heavly on loans from the big 2 or 3 teams as it was, so I doubt there'd be much resistance to a raft of loanees. It's a good developmental league with excellent work permit rules for South Americans, so if it could be arranged then I think we'd really benefit. Not sure we'll ever have one of these agreements though unfrotunately

greasedupdeafguy said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

If I was an Oldham I would not be happy for my team ignoring its own prospects for a premier league reserve teams deadwood.

Their own prospects, like Jose Baxter who they pinched on release from Everton a while back? they have hardly any "own prospects", most of them are Premier League clubs releases or have been around the block, they shouldn't complain about direct access to one of the fastest growing pools of young talent at what's going to be the best academy in England in the not too distant future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.